Saturday, February 15, 2014

SURROUNDED

P2100406
Yes I am very happy when I am surrounded by books.  I spent a good bit of time yesterday trying to finish my mystery story,  but still have a ways to go.  I could spend a lot of time browsing through books.

The monks have great libraries which they study and continue to learn.  Spirituality and intelligence can go hand and hand together.  Sometimes a little skepticism is good too
I do get weary of vague philosophical debates where people say the same thing over and over.  I do think we can strengthen our own faith by learning more about the good in the others.

I am reading scripture in church on Sunday and it is from Deuteronomy 30:15-20.  The people are told they must choose which God and which way they will follow.  Obedience will bring blessing but disobedience will mean they will perish.  Choose life or death, blessings or curses.

I think we do curse ourselves when we lose a sense of our own self worth and what we value in life.


P2110407

This what it looked like yesterday morning.

The sun came out by the afternoon.

 This morning looks very grim, heavy raining beating on the window pane, I like this cute picture.
Umbrella's have lots of uses!

 Dad still has some pain but ? ? 

P2100402
Are you enjoying your morning coffee Nancy-Lou?
 
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carol and I had a lovely Valentine's dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then watched the Lone Ranger video which was kind of silly, but still a lovely evening. Leaving Sunday afternoon and will be back in Vancouver at midnight, hopefully home by 2:00 am, then up early to teach class at 10:00 am Monday. See you next week! xo Panteli

Sandra said...

It was nice to see the sun come out yesterday afternoon. So, have you and dad figured out how to get to my house using the new road? Not like your old was was so bad, probably takes just about the same amount of time. Randy is home today, he thinks he gets today off with no chores for some reason. I guess I fed him too well last night now he is feeling lazy. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Me too, Beth, I like books almost as much as you do. Libraries were my haunts for many years. After moving to the beach 38 years ago, I kept my membership at the Winnipeg Public Library for years, until it became to expensive. We were not taxpayers in Winnipeg anymore. Now I scout out the books in a book store and then order them on line for my e-book reader.
You always choose interesting titles and subjects for your blogs...it amazes me how you can do this day in and day out! Faithfulness to your blog and creativity....that is you, my friend.
I am not having coffee as it is evening when I write this..but I sure will enjoy my morning coffee and reading your blog tomorrow.
Have a great day....reading at church is pretty special. Love, Nancy