Wednesday, February 5, 2014

TOUGH LOVE

DSCN2248Though love can be the hardest  thing to do.

This sewing machine reminds me of my dear mom,  This is what I learned to sew on,

Learning to clean up your own mess is one of the most difficult things to do but is important for children to learn.  I know I was guilty of cleaning up after my messy kids.

Being a parent is one of the hardest jobs in life.

I think that children have far too many things.  This includes also us adults.  I know that I can see things and really want them.  I am gradually giving my books away that I know I probably will never read again.  It is a slow process.

We are to talk about love at U,C.W. to-morrow.  I do not feel too loving at this moment.

Some times the hardest thing for me to do is love myself.  It actually takes courage for a person to listen to their own goodness and act upon it.  - Pablo Casals

Yellow was my mom's favorite color.  I appreciate all the loving things mom and dad did for me.
DSCN2246

4 comments:

Shandel said...

short and sweet blog today. Beautiful yellow. always loved that color too.
Cameron and i have been working on wants vs needs. For right now its more for the fact of wanting to finish paying off debt and it helps to know your wants vs needs. But in the end i believe this is a good way to bring more focus into really understand what it is we need to survive. we dont need a ton of possessions and at times its hard to let go of things you have already gained attachment towards. It is easier to stop accumulating, but to give away or donate things you already have much more challenging. one step at a time we work more and more at it. And this also involves not eating out as much. very proud of ourselves. Good job donating books you no longer read. someone else will love the stories. To be able to love ourselves honestly and deeply is a great gift you can give yourself. <3
thank you for being you!

Sandra said...

If wanting comes from the eyes, then can having be fulfilled the same way? Can just being out and about and seeing pretty things, letting the thing just being there be enjoyment enough? For me somethings can be, but not plants. When I see a beautiful garden I just want it all! I can see other beautiful things though and not feel the need to have them. Sandra

Anonymous said...

Perfect timing , Melina's card and book arrived yesterday on her birthday . Thank you .
We all went out to dinner last night , an all you can eat buffet with a play area for the kids. The kids didn't eat much , but play on the slides for two hours. Going to pick up my car , little service being done, new breaks , some oil leaks and maybe fuel pump . Fuel induction issue . About $700 . Hot again today .
Ken

Anonymous said...

I remember that old sewing machine. (Or maybe I just think I remember it?) I really remember the blue one with the big handle on the top that could be carried around.

Love,

Rick