Saturday, February 8, 2014

AVOIDANCE

P2070386
Sometimes avoidance seems the only answer.
Most religions have something I do not agree with.

Now take Buddha he is sure a nice guy but a little too nice and too popular for me.
Jesus was not meek and mild but very outrageous in his teachings and his actions.  He challenged all authority.

As far as being a Muslim I could not fast for one whole day.  Fasting all night and morning for my blood test will be extremely difficult for me.  I am famished by morning.

If martyrs get a thousand virgins what would I get?  I do not want to think about that!
I could not stop and knell on my rug facing the East and pray 7 times a day.  I find it hard to get up off my knees as it is.  One prayer times does me fine although at times I am praying for certain all day long. 

 And I cannot see me praying to a wall and kissing it.  Yuk!

New Age  is beyond me and seems a little flaky.

I cannot even obey the first commandment even though I try, and idols I am sure there are things in my life that can be almost like an idol.

I figure that once the Jewish people recognized that they were a bunch of sinners they decided that something had to be done about sin.  Something only God could do through the love and grace and power of Jesus.

I do believe we can learn from other faiths and end up with a deeper understanding of our own!

So I have felt a lot of joy at church and it did not come from a bearded old man in the sky waiting to punish me but a feeling of community knowing I was supported by loving caring friends,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good points mom. Don't think you will get too much snow tomorrow . Looks like the rain will come very quickly .
That was the worse of our hot weather , should have nice fall weather from now. Some tops in the mid 30's but no more 40's .
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

Really interesting comments regarding the various religions. I do love Jesus and all his teachings...I just wish the religions didn't move beyond the way he lived...with such humility and compassion, without judging others. I liked your sense of humour showing through....gave me a chuckle or two Beth.


Are you watching the Olympics and some of the Tournament of Hearts curling. We are getting 'square bums'. Think I will get on the eliptical for a while. Love Nancy