Tuesday, February 18, 2014

ALMOST LIGHT

DSCN2288
Almost light as I go for my Monday walk.  I go a little farther so that is very encouraging.  It starts raining after I arrive home so that was good timing.  I meet some old friends which is always fun.



P2160430
Gazing at all the little packages in the freezer for dad and I.  Another very busy time for Sandra and Randy and all their little helpers.
 They certainly have the gift of   hospitality.
 
.DSCN2281
Long ago in a land before time creation blossomed just as surely as spring will come with all its color.  I know that my health will recover just as surely and maybe slowly too.  Leah wants to go in and see the doctor with me.  All the grand daughters would like to go in with me.  That would be funny!
 
In each of our lives there is a daily rhythm, times when we experience mystical wonder whether it is in the garden, in music, in art, in family times.  Our hearts are touched and within us grows a deeper empathy with the world and the people around you.  A strong sense of the divine that some call religion.
 
But many  things in life cannot be forced like healing or nature or even  religion.  A lot of things are better done slowly as I am doing on my walk now.  I do not need a service with the words of others  I do not need  an ordained minister,  with or without flowing robes, or even visions or special revelations  The ordinariness of life and it's very simplicity can speak to our hearts.
 
I  had a visit with Gundy and dad had a visit with Jane and Geoff.  They had some airplane books to pass onto him.  Sad to find Shirley back in hospital but not unexpected.
 
We had two short periods of no power and headed up to bed when the power came on again.  I was wondering how do you floss your teeth by candle light?  We were very fortunate.
 
"Truly we are surrounded by a rich and fertile mystery"  -Thomas Moore
 
"See simplicity in the complicated.
          Achieve greatness in little things,"      -Tao Te  Ching.





5 comments:

Sandra said...

Why would you need light to floss your teeth? I am looking forward to see some colour in my new garden again. Just have to get some dirt to get things started. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes Ken we saw your great pictures and I would like to transfer them here, maybe try today.
Brittany sounds imaging. Too bad you missed Tyler.
You can see how Jasmine adores Brittany!
love mom

Anonymous said...

How come no one is mentioning Grandpa's birthday? Or do I have the date wrong? xo
Panteli

Sandra said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD/GRAMPA!!!!

Theresa said...

Happy birthday gramps!