Monday, February 3, 2014

UNBELIEVABLE

DSCN2220

Hey dad we are going over the wrong bridge.  A new route to Sandra’s house
DSCN2226
I cannot believe I walked right by the new dirt which Sandra had been all excited about.  Come and see it!
DSCN2227
All these rocks had to be removed before the dirt was dumped and spread.  Sandra has lots of ideas about her new yard and Randy has lots of work to do.
Dad was pleased that Panteli stayed to watch some of the football game with him.  I could hear them cheering.
DSCN2231
I felt like a nap but walked down to the pond at Boundary Park instead.
Today it is organizing birthday cards and writing a letter.  I am wondering how dad will be, I expect he will have to take pills for pain for awhile.  I am forcing myself out for my morning walk as it seems to be getting more and more of an effort.  Old Age.

I am so suspicious now I see a stranger wearing a turban and I think to myself "o yeah he is just trying to fool me by not wearing a toque."  unbelievable.

I did it and it is -4 so  our pond here is frozen.

"Bad will be the day for every man or woman when he becomes absolutely contented with the life he is living, with the thoughts he is thinking, with the deeds he is doing;
when there is not forever beating at the doors of his soul some great desire to do something larger or more meaningful which he or she know they have been called to do, because he or she is still, in spite of all, a child of God."     The God who is the giver al all good gifts!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I was thinking of calling you, it was very cold when I walked the dogs in the morning. Though I guess Nancy Lou would laugh at us for thinking that, since it was just below zero. Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes I know that is what I think too. I was up in the night under a pile of blankets and felt chilled. Put on underwear, a housecoat and a heating pad.

love mom

nancy-Lou said...

AHH I do feel badly for you...truly! It seems so much colder when you are not used to it. It was -14 today and it truthfully felt warm....after what we have been having. We are off to the states to pick up our two little rescue doggies! Can hardly wait to meet them. Well, I am off to bed with my electric blanket.
Love , Nancy

Anonymous said...

Cold is relative, it can be absolutely freezing here when it's 5c and 50 km winds straight from the South Pole. And of course we don't have proper jackets on most of the time .
Ken