Tuesday, February 7, 2017

AFFIRMATIONS

Still lots of snow.

Dad and I spent the morning trying to fix my computer evidently the hard drive is not working so the pictures will not download.  We were feeling a little discouraged when the door bell rang and we found John sitting in the warm sunshine in the wicker chair on our front porch.  Pat was wandering around looking for a shovel to clear off a bit of snow on our driveway.  They came in for a visit before they travel down south to go hiking.  They look like they need a good holiday.

Dad and I drove to the library and had supper at the White Spot.  We left with enough for another meal.  Kim is now working at the White Spot in Tsawassen.  I do not know how to spell it neither does my spell checker.

I am thankful for the affirmations that I have received from my mom and others in my life.  Helping me  to see what I am and what I am not.

The teachings of Jesus are about life affirmations not about religion.

He said to Nicodemus I Am from above you are from below.
I AM not of this world, but you are.
I AM spirit you are flesh.
I AM the source of living water.

He claims I Am the light of this world.
I Am the bread of life.

Jesus also affirms all who come to Him seeking for the truth and for life!


3 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, with the rain starting tomorrow there should be no more need of snow shoveling till next year.

I just had porridge for supper. I think I would be more likely to try and cook something if the fridge were not still down in the empty kitchen and everything else is upstairs in the bedroom.

Had a brisk walk to pilates to keep warm, then a slower one coming home as I am warm still from the exercises.

I was hoping we could have breakfast/brunch one day this weekend with you and Carol and Panteli. It seems like we have not seen people for so long now we dont invite any one over.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

I hope Sandra is right and the snow will be banished until next year. You certainly have had your share and more this winter.

We are tired after such an early and stressful morning. Up at 5am...left at 6:20. Carl had 12 cancer lesions burned off his bladder and two sent away for biopsy.
He is tired now and has bleeding, which is to be expected. He is sleeping.
The doctor will call him about the biopsy results. he will have to have this procedure done every few months.

Bladder cancer is actually fairly common, especially when older. There always are so many vehicles around the hospital.....going this way and that way, ambulances and police cars and people looking to park or pull in the loop to let others out or pick them up. The Health Science Centre is the largest hospital in Winnipeg and is a teaching hospital as well. Many patients are flown in from up north too.



BRRRR it was the coldest morning in a long time and the car still had iced up windows in the back,as we were hitting the city. I had to take an old credit card and scrape them. Even the electric wires in the back window couldn't do the job well.

Soo we do it all again in two weeks for the cataract surgery. At least it isn't an early appointment. Hopefully, there won't be any more appts and surgeries for a while.

Now won't that be nice to look forward to a brunch with your family on the weekend?

How is Larry feeling? I haven't heard about his feet for awhile. I hope they aren't giving him much pain.

I wish you a lovely evening,

Love, Nancy

Steady-as-rain said...

Computers are so cheap these days it might make sense to get a new one and leave all the viruses and stuff behind in the old one!

Love,

Rick