Wednesday, February 22, 2017

RITUALS

My early morning walk is a ritual.  If I go early I am back in time for dad's breakfast/  It lightens up as the day goes on.  And last Thursday I was at the corner of 64 and Scott Road to witness this accident.  As the two men helped the driver out of the car to the corner where I was I recognoized Daniel, our minister.  He was so very grateful to see me and I put my arms around him and was there until they put him in the ambulance.

I like the quote in Elaine Pagel's book  "Ritual is not an empty form but a way to enjoin people of diverse backgrounds in a spiritual community that can generate power and renew spiritual energy,"

"I do not believe that God, who created us in so many ways (and has spoken to different people over the years) can be of a limited, close-minded nature.  If we as humans have the ability to broaden our reach, imagine how broad and embracing God's vision is. "  -The Faith Club

 Why should a person of a single religion or even denomination be accepted into heaven or into his presence.
We need rituals that allow people to feel comfortabe and that promotes equality and validity of all religious faiths.

No comments: