Wednesday, February 22, 2017

SABBATH

P3030079
The Sabbath is a very precious day in the lives of a Jewish family.
Dad and I enjoy being with our family sharing a meal with the candles lit and good home cooked food.  It is a time of blessing sharing food, laughter and stories.

Driving out to see Ben in his play and having visits with Morgan and Kim and Theresa was a memorable time.

I find that I am very deeply moved by the prayers and hymns at church and I know others do not.
I think about the people who have written the words that we say wrote them not out of a fear of god who is harsh and cruel, but out of a passionate love for and a gratitude for God,  A passion for being alive and being understood, as the words become my words.  This opens my heart and is for my benefit not to appease or gain favor with God.  I get even more benefit when I take them home and meditate quietly by myself.  There are times when I need to lean on "the rock of ages" for the relief of pain.

No comments: