Sunday, February 5, 2017

THE CURE

I feel bad when I see a crippled person unable to walk.

Today I was offered so much help it still amazes me.  Don from the church took my arm to help me walk up to  the door of our church.  The parking lot had been cleaned but was still icy with some snow.  I appreciated an arm to hang on to.

Randy and Sandra came over to do our driveway but we do not have a snow shovel.  I think maybe we gave it away.  We had a good visit anyway.  I took a journey over to the Safeway as dad was out of bread and pie!  The clerk helped me take things out of my basket and went I left told me to be careful.  I came home and was resting and our neighbor shovel off a pathway from the side walk to the house and also the sidewalk in front of our house. everyone is so kind.

In chapter 5 Jesus sees a crippled man waiting to be healed in the pool of Bethesda.  According to the author Jesus has clairvoyant  knowledge the   man has been there for 38 years and complains no one will help him.  Jesus tells him if he really wants to be healed to take up his bed and walk.

There is always some responsibility  on us for our healing.

  Jesus sees him after and warns him not to sink back into his fears and past behaviors.

The religious leaders are critical of his carrying his mat on the Sabbath.

Jesus replies that God continues to heal and restore life especially on the Sabbath.

Praying for others to be healed helps me to be cured of any self-pity.


4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

It is wonderful so many people have helped you. There are good people everywhere!

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

As Randy and I were driving away it dawned on me we should have offered to get the bread for you. Sorry, I am rather self absorbed these days with the renovation. I am trying to not say that I am over whelmed and just enjoy the process as much as possible, but it sure takes up a lot of time and mental capacity.

I stayed home this morning to let the contractors in but they called and said they could not make it because of the snow. : (

THANK GOODNESS I had just rescheduled our floor to be installed on the 22 instead of next week or I would be very stressed.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Getting the sub trades to co-operate is a real juggling act. We did it for many years in the building business. It looks to be working out though, Sandra..try and not worry and focus on the end product and how happy you will be. We will be waiting for pictures.

Yes, helping ourselves to get better is so important...having the right attitude. There is a fellow who lives in the area and he doesn't like to work..thus lives in poverty. He chooses not to help himself. There are friends and relatives who bring him groceries or give him a days work when you can get him to answer the door...he lost his mom recently who aided and abetted him and now will soon lose his home..all because he doesn't want to help himself. He is very smart in many ways..probably has an IQ well over 140..but just can't get his life together.

Isn't it wonderful that so many people are willing to help?
Beth, do you find it hard to swallow your pride and allow/or ask others to help out?
I know I am fiercely independent and have to learn to be more humble...it is not an easy thing to do. We can manage most things, but there are some things we have to ask for help with.

There really are good people in this world...there were two lovely women in Walmart who helped me get the stuck carts out and we had lots of laughs. Then there was a lady in a motorized cart with a helper dog...a little chihuahua and I offered to hold the doggie while she got up and got a regular cart. The little dog was wrapped up in a blanket and she put him in the place the kiddies sit.

It is snowing in Manitoba today, although not a lot more northly, where we live. More snow along the US border and in Winnipeg. We have different weather than Winnipeg does.

The chicken soup tastes great. We had some for lunch. The dogs liked the left over bits from the chicken carcas too and I put the carcass itself out on the bird feeder for the Magpies...all benefit from that $9 chicken.

It is time to go outdoors and do the chores...garbage and re-cycling run, feed the birds and get the mail.

Have a wonderful Monday,

Love, Nancy



beth bennett said...

Yes there sure are a lot of good people around
who look after us people and also animals too.
Love beth