Sunday, February 19, 2017

ATTITUDES

As usual dad and I are running late for church.  Now I have noticed a lot of people arrive about one minute to 10.  This morning I was barely in the car when dad pressed down on the pedal to speed on our way.  Not actually speeding and we did stop for all the traffic lights.  If you see some one hanging out the car door it could be me.

I think I am like most people I need an attitude adjustment once in awhile.  

The sermon was on the Beatitudes which is a message about being calm and not re-acting to mean and unkind words.  It is not enough just to go to church if we do not take the message to heart and try to live out our beliefs.  It is hard to love your enemies and also hard to see the good in peoples sometimes.

I mention to the greeters I was sorry we were a little late but they graciously said they were glad we had come.

"Whatever you are seeking may not come in the form you are expecting."  -H Murakami

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Well I am glad you didn't get left behind in the hurry to get to church on time! I cold picture you hanging on the back bumper, bumper shining as it is called in Manitoba....as the kids used to do when I was young.

I remember studying the Beatitudes when I took confirmation classes at St. Stephens Anglican Church, many years ago.

I heard from other people that they still want me to play for church...I always feel so guilty when I hear that and in many ways would like to do it but cannot be sure that my eyesight will be good enough to read music. Plus it is a big commitment to play every Sunday and for funerals and weddings, I used to do it and really enjoyed it, Maybe I will go once and play and see how it goes. I miss the friendships at church a lot. Maybe I will ask gina to come with me..my friend who I haven't seen in a long time.

I ordered the parts for my laptop computer and my son will fix it when they arrive and I will be "back in business" reading your blog with my morning coffee. Miss it a lot.

The weather here is so strange....fog and rain and many days of melting snow which makes walking anywhere very dangerous. The snow in Winnipeg is pretty much gone now and it looks ugly on the photos I see. YUK. Today is 3C and tomorrow they say will be the last warm day...we will be getting colder as the week goes on. which is a good thing as we have two days in the city for Carl's cataract surgery.

I may be getting two budgie birds. A friend is tired of cleaning up after them...I know birds are messy because I have had birds before...but would love to have them. Carl is so excited about it though!

I have to go and make supper now. Hot chicken sandwiches with fried potatoes.

have a lovely evening,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Now you will have birds inside and out.
Good for you.
Hope all goes well for you and Carl to-morrow.

My nephew is called Karl so I get the spelling mixed up.

Supper sounds good.

I am ready for bed.

Love beth