Wednesday, February 22, 2017

EVENTS

P7101617P7101618
Many, many events over our lives leave lasting impressions.  This is the little tea house that gave me the idea that a tea party would be fun.  I have had parties all over at different places at the beach,  with Theresa the children and Kim, at Kamloops, and Stony Plain etc.

Each advent was special in its own way and each one that was there made it special!  I treasure every card and every gift.  Those where the days when the givers were more excited that the receiver.

When I was thirteen our neighbor drove my friend and I to the movies for my birthday.  My friend Lynn.  We did not go to movies very often so it was an exciting event.  In those days you could stay and watch it twice.  So Lynn and I were doing that when the lights went on and our names were called.  Our poor neighbor had to come and pick us up and got very worried when we did not come out the door. 


As a child a birthday party meant one friend or maybe two.  Dinner would be a traditional one.

Yes, I did find putting on birthdays or other events very stressful.  I always want it to be perfect.  One thing I know the cake was never perfect, maybe even loop-sided but it always got eaten.
DSCN5109


DSCN5108
P7101618

No comments: