Saturday, February 18, 2017

PRECIOUS MOMENTS


 A very ordinary day that turned out to be very special.  Today is special because it is dad's
82  Yes he is still riding his bike and went over to the pond.  I am not sure what the plans are for today but I know Morgan and Ben are coming to Carols and Panteli's   Theresa and Mikie have left for sunnier places and Sandra is in Edmonton.

The birthday party is still on at Carol and Panteli's!


Sunshine is wonderful but it does show up all the dusty neglected spots that demanded cleaning.

That is what I started doing.  With my dim eyesight it is easy to not notice a lot of things.

Next it was a trip to the store and I took the longer way down around to the bus stop and up to the Safeway.

There was a crowd at the bus stop and as I walked in front of them I felt a older man looking at me.  Our eyes met and he smiled at me with kindness with such compassion in his beautiful brown eyes.  As I passed he patted me on the shoulder as I wobbled on my way.  It was a precious moment.

Later dad and I where sitting on the front steps in the sunshine and I had a blanket around my knees. which dad had thoughtfully brought out for me. We said hello to our neighbor Gordon just returning from work visiting some flower growing green houses in the valley.  He was telling us about his day when he opened the back door of the car and reached in to grab some tulips and brought them over to me.  Another precious moment.

Some things in life are hard to explain but have to be experienced.

The words of Jesus are like that.  I am sure when he spoke them he would look you right in the eye and you would experience the love he was talking about!

"Love is space and time measured by the Heart!"  -Marcel Proust

Happy Birthday Dear!


2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Now that was a lovely story about the kind man at the bus stop. it is so good to know there are still some good folks left in this world. Oh dear..that sounds rather morbid. I know there are many good folks..I had a bad experience at Super Store with a very ignorant man the other day. I won't go into details...but it was not nice.

Many Happy Returns Larry on your 82nd birthday..you are just a young feller! Still out riding your bike...good for you. I wish you all the best today and in the coming year.

I had a busy day teaching piano lessons and art. The art class was about colour choices and how important they are.
We did a colour study first and then drew out our painting and painted in the sky and the mountains and some of the trees, but that was all for today.
It takes time to do all the prep, especially in watercolour when you cannot take our what you already painted...you have to think ahead, unlike acrylic paints or oils.
Also we used the white of the paper instead of white paint and that makes you look at negative shapes as well. My students did very well, Great group of teens.

I am having a flare up of lupus, which I have had for 30 years or more. It is an especially painful one and I suffer from blurred vision due to muscle spasms. The blurred vision comes and goes...lucky I could read music and see well to draw and paint today. I am meds and see my doctor soon, so hopefully it will settle down.

I was asked to play for my husband's cousin's funeral, but had to decline ( which I felt badly about doing) but couldn't risk having blurred vision...and not being able to read the music and program. His cousin's Mother was Sophie Ateah...one of the 10 Ateah children that the grandparents had after they emigrated from Lebanon. His cousin was the largest mink rancher in Manitoba in the 1970's and had about 12,000 mink. He made a lot of money and pelted out and retired early. That was before the prices of fur dropped drastically. he was a wise man.

I wish you a lovely evening,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...


Nancy so sorry to hear about your Lupus with blurred vision etc.
Hope your meds. help as you do so much teaching and looking after Carl.
So pleased to have your comments.
love Beth