Monday, February 6, 2017

THE CALL

This is an old picture as my computer will not down load pictures from my camera.

Yes Sandra I thought about asking you to get the bread but wanted to go for the walk.  It is important that my children know I will call if I need help.

My Canucks elf is now invisible, completely covered with snow. the paper girl leaves the paper at the bottom of the drive way which is fine by me.  There is a very light snowfall this morning. 
The bigger birds are finding food behind the stores in the alley.  I am feeding the little ones but am going to run out of food soon.  They line up on the fence rail never still for long.

Dad gets the snow blower out.  A big heavy machine very difficult to manage.  The snow has gotten heavier so it resists the blowing air.  Dad does the area he wants for me to walk and for the car to get out.

Panteli comes later in the afternoon to shovel the sidewalk and more of the driveway.

My walk over the rough icy snow is to the mail box to mail cards to Melbourne. 
Believe it or not there is a big pile of snow in the middle of the cross walk which puts me off balance.
I was embarrassed by the row of cars waiting for me to go across and staring at me.

Chapter 6 opens with Jesus on the eastern side of the Sea of Galilee teaching a large group of people who had followed Jesus there.  They are now hungry and Jesus asked help from Andrew and Philip.
Food is provided but the important thing is that Jesus multiplies what is given to him by a young lad.
The story reveals Jesus as being seen as one like Moses who fed the hungry multitude in a desert.

Only Jesus can satisfy the hungry souls and only he has the power to be the very bread of life.  He can satisfy the deepest human hunger.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Yes, that is good to know you will ask. I was out walking Peanut last night and the little old lady(has grown grandchildren) at the corner was shoveling the where the entrance to our cultesac is. Her neighbor did her sidewalk and her son sent a company to do her driveway, it is just like yours on a slope. So she decided she had to do something to help. I had not planned on doing our driveway that late at night, but she shamed me into doing it. I did the whole thing. While I was out there another neighbor went and did more to clear the entrance to the cultesac. It was a very nice night, the snow had stopped and it was pretty warm. Kids were out playing even.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

I am impressed! Larry has a snow blower...most people there don't even own a shovel! It is a good thing he has it so he could clear that snow. Good for you, Larry!

You are fortunate to have the grocery store nearby, but be careful when crossing that road...it sounds like a busy road. I hope there are traffic lights or a cross walk.

I will try out the new Save on Foods in Winnipeg tomorrow, when we take Carl in for the bladder surgery. We have to leave home at 6:20 in order to be there for 8:00am. His surgery is at 9:00. Our Son, Mark ( named after the apostle ) will drive because of the bad highways and it being dark. He can take the day off work.
We will have another surgery coming up for Carl as well, this time cataract surgery...in a couple of weeks.
I am getting burned out with all the appointments and driving etc. But don't want to sell and move to an apartment..at least not yet.
If we didn't have our sons nearby to help with the really tough ones, I think we would have to move because I don't drive when it is dark now. It is a good thing I am healthy.

I was glad to read that you feed the birds too Beth, especially when it is so cold and snowy.
Our birdfeeders are really busy this morning with the temperatures being -25 and that is without the windchill.
Tomorrow will be even colder so I will pack extra blankets and winter boots for the trip into the city. We always have emergency stuff in the car for the winter...shovel, jumper cables candles matches and a blanket.

I watched the movie Lion last night and it was very good. I didn't watch it to the end...but will finish today. It takes place in India and is about a little lost boy. I thought you may like it too.

I hope all is OK with Jane, she hasn't been posting lately and I know she carries a lot of responsibility.

Off to do my outdoor chores and will dress warmly.

Yesterday it was too cold for Max when we went for a short walk...he lagged behind and wanted to come home..so we did. Lately he has developed arthritis....his sister was game to go on. We only walked three houses down the street. Poor Max.

How is Sandra's old doggie doing? I know she was having a lot of bladder problems. It sure is hard when our pets get old. Thinking of you Sandra.

Love, Nancy

Sandra said...

Peanut is on medications again, nasty strong antibiotics. I dont think they agree with her all that well as she has been a bit short tempered with Missy.

Unknown said...

Yes l am still around Geof has a nasty cold and we have been house bound for a few days. and l am a bit depressed, l hope it will lift soon. It is a beautiful sunny afternoon so l think a little walk might be in order.l do enjoy your writings. Love Jane

beth bennett said...

Nancy hope all goes well for your trip to-morrow and Karl's procedure.

Jane hope you feel brighter in the days ahead.

We have been house bound by snow.

Love Beth