Friday, February 17, 2017

HELLO

                                     
                                            Hello Spring in B.C.

                                           Dad's early birthday lunch!


Finally got a few pictures on this computer.  Everything seems different but it will just take practice.  

It is too bad the gospel writers and especially John were so serious.  \It is easier to relate to some one with a good sense of humor.  John's gospel was written later when Judaism had lost it's home, it's temple and the priesthood.  A strong message of courage and hope bound together with compassion was needed.  I think of my life with it's imperfections and I see the world full of hate and violence others are facing.  

Jesus promised to give his disciples his peace to carry in their hearts because they would face persecution as he did.  The truth is that in religion there will always be tension and misunderstandings unless we see our roles as peacekeepers, bearers of hope and light and the truth of a higher power.

We can experience the all embracing love of higher power in the words and actions of Jesus.



4 comments:

Sandra said...

Did you get a new computer then? Is that real love daffodils? It is pretty mild here for February. Hoping for a bit of snow so we can go sledding. Sandra

beth bennett said...

We now have a second hand computer, a good one. Last night dad had both computers trying to transfer from his old one to the new to us one that he has decided to use.

That is a phony picture taken with the flowers Cathy brought me.

Enjoying your pickers.

I was feeling a little lonely on my blog with no comments. Good for you!

Love mom

beth bennett said...

I mean pictures!

nancy-Lou said...

Sorry i have been re-miss in reading and replying to your blog Beth. My routine is all out of whack since my laptop is down and may be some time before it will be up and running again. I have to list upstairs in my studio and work on my desktop.

A lovely photo of Kim and Hamlet. He could be Lebanese by his looks. Handsome fellow and just look at how glowing Kim is too! She is a beauty!

Love, Nancy ( have to catch up )