Sunday, March 26, 2017

ANTICAPATION

I did not anticipate I would meet any one on my Sunday morning walk in the rain and the only one I met heed behind his umbrella and would not even respond to a "hello"

I did not anticipate a very long wait when I went to the pharmacy to pick up dad's eye drops.  I waited  for what seemed like an eternity while this man was trying to renew his pills he had let lapse .  I think it was over 30 minutes.  I realize they are short handed but this was unacceptable so I left.  He does not need them until to-morrow.

I do anticipate once the rain stops new growth will be revealed.

I know that I have my own prejudices and false beliefs and as I become more aware of these I am preparing the soil in my heart for new growth.  I know also if I were to live my life out of selfish ambition alone I would ignore the less fortunate; but because of my Christian values and convictions I feel the call to respond as a decent human being to those who are vulnerable and neglected.

Bono the rock star admits the flaws of the church yet also claims that following Jesus has satisfied his own search for meaning while giving him causes to pursue beyond celebrity and pleasure.

I am proud of the many times your dad and I picked up food for the poor and delivered it to their doors.  This was very much a part of the Vineyard church.
We have a very important role to play in the lives of those we touch daily in any small way.
   Amen!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Did you post this yesterday?

Well, it was another super busy day for us. For me mostly cleaning and dusting and trying to find places to put that last few things. It is funny, that even though we for the most part have a kitchen back, grocery shopping is the last thing on our list of things to do and we still just ran out to get the basics of milk and bread and such.

Oh new cat is slowly but surly settling in. By the middle of the week I will probably let her out to explore some more in the house. We did not get the family room moved back in as hoped, so I want to wait till that is all done.

Still aching all over from all the physical activity.

Are you and dad still making minuscule improvements day by day?

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes we are.

Hope your aches improve.

Love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, you can quote me.

Steady-as-rain said...

Oh, maybe I meant "Jude" not "dude".