Saturday, March 11, 2017

WAITING

Not quite sure what plans are going to work out for the day.

Waited for Haiti to come to go for  a walk to the park.  She had a good run.

Waited for dad to come back from driving to the airport with Hamlet.  They had breakfast together at the Sylvia.

Waited to see when Rick would arrive from Leah and Craig's home.

It does not look like we will be attending the party for Oliver.  There will be a good group of family and friends that I know.

After some lunch we will drive into Carol and Panteli's place that is now up for sale.  Everything is happening so fast it is unbelievable.  Carol is leaving on Monday morning for the Grand Caymans.
She has a job there and a place to stay with a friend.  We will miss her.

In the parable of the sower the farmer waits to see if the seeds he is scattering on the ground take root and grow.  It lands on rocky ground and does not take root; some on thorny ground, which cokes out the weeds before they take root; but there is the fertile ground where the seed grows and also produces fruit.

What kind of an individual am I?  If I have an open mind and heart the seed will have a chance to take root and mature. in our soul.  There is always the danger of  weeds that grow if iur attitude is bad, maybe we hold grudges or blame others for problems in our life.  A selfish attitude hardens like a rock and becomes a stumbling walk to hinder progress.

Right now I wish the dead plants would start to produce life so I know what has survived.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Waiting.....you have lots of plans for today. I hope they all happen. It is so good to see family. My goodness you will miss Carol and Panteli, won't you? But it is a good opportunity for them and a beautiful place to live. I wish them well in their new life in the Caymans.
If it were me, I think I would miss the seasons.....and of course they are dramatic here.

I liked your parable about the scattering of seeds, I like to scatter seeds into the Fertile minds of my young students and they respond with such amazing ideas. I was teaching Jaidyn yesterday, a song Stand By Me on the piano and she started to sing as I did a demo for her. It was great....so we decided to learn how to sing it as well and to invite a couple of her friends to come and sing too...we may combine the song with another one called You are So BBeautiful....those seeds have flourished. Maybe add a tambourine...see what happens.

Have a good day
Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy that sure sounds like you had fun!

Nice to read your comments.

Love beth