Monday, March 20, 2017

GET SMART

Yes I think after listening to all the news reports on wire taping we should go back to the cone of silence that Maxwell Smart used on Get Smart.

Going to the doctor was the smart thing to do to ease dad's mind about my cold.  We went to the clinic again which was good because the doctor there was concerned about dad.  His infection is better but he needs to use his inhaler regularly and be consistent and smarter about the way he does it.

We can both relax now and concentrate on getting healthy.

I went for my walk today.  I heard a bunch of children laughing and they had climbed a big tree and were trying to shaking each other off.  So good to hear laughter.

Then there was the older gentleman who was sitting across from us the hospital when his elderly wife came along and jokingly said she was going to run away with him.  This was with a wink and a smile.

I am looking forward to finishing my soup and eating as many cookies as I can.  I want to try all the ones Sandra bought me.

It seems smart to me to believe "it is necessary for us to recognize that there is an intelligent mysticism in the life of faith."

I have not seen God face to face nor have I had any great awesome experiences but I have know the "Joy unspeakable" of which Paul wrote.

If we are smart well use our mind as well as our heart to commune with God.




5 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, sound of children playing and laughing never seems to change.

(although if they succeeded in shaking one of their number out of the tree ...)

Glad you both have seen doctors recently.

I got a haircut today. Commission meeting in Calgary starting tomorrow, so I have to look smart.

Love,

Rick

nancy-Lou said...

Well I sure am glad that you " got smart" and saw the doctor. Did he put you on any puffers or antibiotics? My goodness I do hope you feel better soon. Very glad you listened to your family and went to the clinic.

Yes, using the inhaler correctly is so important and something that I have to remind Carl about often as he forgets. He is almost finished the eye drops...that is 4 weeks of them after the cataract surgery. We had to buy them a second time and they are expensive and not paid for by our pharmacare, which is surprising.
I ordered new glass for him on line where they are so much cheaper than buying at the stores in winnipeg. We always have been pleased with the quality of them. His were $69 for no line bifocals. You can't beat that!

Today, being the first day of spring was a lovely day...sunny and warm until a tempest in a tea pot blew thru just before supper and the temperature dropped 10 degrees in an hour. It was Plus 10 and fell to -14 in three hours. BRRRR the wind blew from all directions anad the trees whipped around and the snow was going sideways. thankfully it was all over with in about a half hour....blew itself right out! hahaha.

Does Ken work on the Royal Commissions? My Uncle owned a company in Toronto who used to do all the transcribing for the commissions.We always had him over for supper when he was in Winnipeg for commissions.

We have snow mold here and some people are allergic to the spores from the mold. Maybe you have some spots on your grass that were killed by the snow and frost and they are snow mold. Perhaps that is what is bothering Larry? My friend is quite allergic to it.

My Father was a lawyer too, but he didn't work on commissions, he was a crown attorney and later on was the Administrator of Motor Vehicles for the province of Manitoba.

Well I am going to watch some of the Women's World Curling from China. Canada has no losses so far.

I wish you a good evening and a good sleep as well, with no coughing.

Love Nancy


Sandra said...

We had some sunshine here yesterday so got out for an afternoon walk. My walking partner Wendy has been told by her doctor to cut back on her walking so I will be by my self for a while.

While it is of course wonderful to see the kitchen getting put back it, it is so nice to just have wide open space.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

YES
Once in awhile I have to surprise Sandra and do what I say I will.

Dad is on an inhaler and so am I.

He is on an antibiotic and cortizone.

Very wet and rainy today.

I will write on my blog.

Had a talk to Ken on the phone and he has difficult problems oilling up.

But then don't we all.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Go that is really good to hear, you both have good meds. So many people here have colds and viruses. Our son, Bob does too. I am so glad we had the flu shots....we have felt like we were coming down with something, but have missed it. Thank goodness. Keep up the good work with your puffers and meds. Hope you feel better soon...both of you.

I meant to ask if your other son, Rick, was working on a Royal Commission...not Ken.

Take care, you two,

Love Nancy