Tuesday, March 7, 2017

NEW


Looking for a new path to the water but too much snow blocked the way.

I went for an early morning walk before it started snowing and just made it in the door.  It has been snowing all day but it is not sticking on the ground and it is so cold it takes your breath away.  We had some plans to go out to the Seniors home or to the library but it did not seem to be a wise thing to do.

Gradually I am noticing that I am quite happy to live a quieter, calmer and more contemplative life.
Watching the snow falling takes precedence over extraneous tasks.  I want to start going through dishes and deciding what to give to the garage sale at the church but not to-day.

This means not living with regrets because the important thing is the people in my life know what they mean to me and I hope they will always know this.  

I read the parable of the cloth and the wineskins.
"No one sews a patch of unshrunk cloth on a old garment.  If he does it will make the tear worse.

And no one pours new wine into old wineskins.  If he does the wine will burst the skins and both the wine and the wine skins will be ruined."  -Mark 2:21

The old way of doing things is now changing to a new way that just seems to happen.

Our bodies are slowly wearing out and slowing down.  The best cure is to learn to laugh at ourselves.

"No need to hurry
No need to sparkle need
No need to be anyone but yourself."  -Virginia Wolf.

"Create a positive experience with solitude."  -Amy Morin

2 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Quieter and calmer is probably good at any stage in life!

Love,

Rick

Sandra said...

It is good that your mind is keeping pace with your body, or maybe just a step or two behind?

Acceptance of what is generally leads to more happiness rather bemoaning what was, or worse yet, what MIGHT be.

I should know, I do both on a regular basis!

Hoping to get together with Sukhi and Candice from work on Friday night.

Sandra