Thursday, March 23, 2017

HIGH HOPES

                                         One little blossom is a sign of hope!

Dad is getting used to his new routine and slept a bit better last night.  He sat in the chair until midnight and used his inhaler once I believe.  We may go out to the drugstore today but it depends on dad"s energy level.

Had a chat with our neighbor Shelly when I was in the garden for a few minutes.  They have had the same nasty cold and one of her boys had to be on antibiotics too.

The young boy across the street must be very hopeful as he goes out with his sun glasses on.  Still looks very dull here.

Thanks Panteli for picking up some gluten free bread, very much appreciated.

I plan to do a walk sometime during the day.  I just have a miserable head cold now so I am much better than dad.  I have high hopes we will be sitting out on our front porch soon in the sunshine!

I know I can some times feel hopeless about all the violence and evil that is in this old world of ours.And also all the suffering and tragedy.

I firmly believe that Easter is the promise that God believes in us.  Suffering and pain can be transformed and redeemed.

"Our God is an expert at dealing with chaos, with brokenness and hopelessness.
God created order out of disorder and cosmos out of chaos."  -Desmond Tutu

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
Happy to help. If I finish early enough today, I might drop by this afternoon and show you guys photos of some of the art pieces that were submitted for our contest.
Panteli

Steady-as-rain said...

I think the young lad with the sunglasses just wants to be cool.

Love,

Rick