Thursday, March 2, 2017

RAIN BOOTS AND UMBRELLAS

Yes it is good old Van. weather, rain boots and umbrellas.
Yes it is time for the rain boots and umbrella.  It is chilly and damp and I was glad to have Haiti on my morning walk.  There was another bigger dog there who Haiti wanted to say hello to but a friend warned us that this dog was vicious and to stay clear of him.  Dog people all seem to be so friendly and kind and always comment that it is good to see me out walking.

I woke up thinking what  to pack when we drive out to Chilliwack for Morgan's play at 6:30.  We did not like the thought of driving home in the dark rainy weather.  Theresa asked if we would rather go on Friday at 10:30 and that was fine with us.  It will be a fantastic production of Midsummer's Dream.  Morgan will be one of the fairies and she is excited about wearing make up etc.  She likes drama and she is in a wonderful school that puts on these amazing plays.

She is not in a starring role but she is a real star in our eyes!

Today I am resting up for our trip to-morrow.  Dad and I did our weekly shop at Shoppers Drug Mart for Seniors 20 %  off day.  I thought I might go visiting but postponed it.

I have started reading the parables in Matthew and they do make you think about life differently.

Although life can treat us unfairly God's love is there for us all.  Being a disciple means accepting the injustices of life while still trusting in the goodness and purposes of God.  I am reminded to be thankful for all the blessings in my life but I do not have to be thankful for times of sickness.

The message is to let God be God! 

4 comments:

Sandra said...

On the news this morning they are talking snow again, I hope you dont run into any on your trip to Chilliwack.

I have not opened up the blinds yet, but the wind is sure blowing here.

Will you be coming to Carols on Saturday? Mandi and James are going to be able to make it and even Randy.

Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Lovely to hear that Morgan enjoyed her role in the play!

I finally got the filling done that had sent me to the Emergency Room back in September. I didn't feel that well, but luckily the ambulance wasn't necessary! Now I can finally get the crown on the implant (the dentist wanted to fix this adjoining tooth before putting the crown on).

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Sandra is it Sat. or Sunday/

Rick that is good you got more done on your teeth
without a trip to the emergency.

Carol is going to the Caymans on March 13.

Trip home from Chilliwack wind and rain.

Love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Rain boots and Umbrellas may be needed in Winnipeg on Monday as another large storm approaches from Colorado.."the dreaded Colorado Low"! March is such a fickle month here and it is hard to believe rain is coming after the very cold weather we have had the last four or five days.

I don't think we will get rain and hope not as it is extremely icy underfoot as it is.
I had to go and get a pail of sand from the crawl space under our house to spread all over the drive way and by the steps. i have to turn the car around so the door is right by the steps so Carl can easily get in the passenger side. The ice froze unevenly and it turns the ankle when you try to walk on it.

So they are now saying that our area may receive 20 cms of snow..close to a foot. oh well it won't last too long...should be done in a month.

How wonderfully supportive you and Larry are of your GGrandchildren. Driving all the way out to Chilliwack for Morgan's play. She is such a beautiful young girl isn't she with her red hair. I read where she is interested in the arts and it is nice to see how Carol fosters her interest by taking her to the art gallery and does artsy things with her.

Love, Nancy