Tuesday, March 14, 2017

FOOLISHNESS

The grass at the park is full of big puddles.  It is foolishness not to wear boots.

Another big accident on the highway with winter conditions you wonder if people are not aware of the extra care that is needed.  If not they are foolish!

Dad and I were foolish not to take his cough more seriously and get out the steamer and use his inhaler more frequently.  At times he seemed better especially in the morning but during the day the cough got worse.

Fortunately dad saw the doctor early in the morning and is now on antibiotics.  He would prefer not to have to take pills but sometimes one just has to.  He was to have an x-ray but was just too exhausted and is having a long sleep how.  We will go first thing in the morning.  The wait can be very long and tiring but we are hopeful that going early will help.

Kim dropped in and we had a visit.  Hamlet is coming up to-morrow.  I think when people are in love they can be a little foolish in a good way of course.  I certainly was!

I read the parable of the ten foolish virgins.  It is helpful  knowing  the background.  It was meant to be a warning about the future when Jesus, the bridegroom would be absent.  Having the words of Jesus (a word that gives light)would be like having a lamp lit ready for his coming, his return.   There would be a time of waiting so extra oil would be necessary.  We are told to keep watch;  that is alert and prepared.

The five foolish virgins did not have exra oil for their lamps.

Believers are to be prepared and remain faithful.  This would be a message for that time.

Everyone has different beliefs and some of the things I believe may seem foolish to others.

So be it!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

I heard on the news that just before the crash out there on the 401 that the police were trying to pull over someone going 160 km/h.

We are now into the lovely stinky phase of the sealer on the hardwood. Thank goodness it is such a smaller area this time.

It was so nice and mild yesterday, even if wet at times.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Well foolishness is certainly a good word for me too....we had an appointment at the optometrists today...both of us and guess what? We arrived an hour late. YUP! first time I have ever done that. The clock in the car was still on standard time and I must have lost track of the time...because we left early for Winnipeg on Daylight saving time and had some errands to do before the optometrist. Oh boy...talk about feeling badly!
The good news is they fit us in because of the long drive to get there.

So I bought them chocolates..they were all very nice about us being so late.

I do not like the time change at all and felt like I was a hamster on a wheel since then...hustling to get lunch or whatever...it really bothered me this time.

I am so sorry to hear that Larry has such a bad cough. I was worried it may turn into pneumonia and you sure don't want to get that. Glad to hear that he saw the doctor and is on medication. Take care Larry, drink lots of fluids to get that phlegm up. Get better soon.

I hope everything works out OK for Panteli, Kim and Haiti...that is a lot of big changes for them. Thanks for the update, Beth and it is nice to know that Kim and Haiti are welcome to come back to your house. Does she have another year of university?

Our Granddaughter has another year and then she will be an engineer.....she got 97 on her calculus exam....what a girl! Certainly doesn't take after her Grandmother! We rarely see her due to her courses and they are in Winnipeg. She will be finished soon and will have some extra time to come for visits. I know her Dad misses her a lot.

I finished the book for the little girl, Jana El Haitham. I made her story and drawings into a journal for her and painted a background for each of the 15 pages of her book then glued them onto the background. It has about a 100 pages so there is lots of room for her to do more stories that are illustrated. Her Dad was so happy when I told him it was finished. I will take it over to his pharmacy at the reservation tomorrow. They are from Jordan and are Muslim. I haven't had Muslim friends before and excited to get to know their family and their customs. They want to invite Carl and I for supper once the weather is better for us to drive into the city.

Have you had Muslim friends. Beth? I am not sure of their customs and don't want to offend them...but will ask her Dad about it before we meet the family. I am a hugger and don't want to do that if it isn't allowed.

Well I pretty tired now, drove 260kms and we were gone from 9:30 to 6:00 that is too long a day. We had to get Carl fitted for new shoes and slippers. He is very hard to fit because his feet and ankles are misshapen from the rheumatoid arthritis...his ankles are fused as well. We went to a specialty shop and the lady was so patient with him and found what he needed...expensive, $289.

So have a lovely evening and hope Larry cough has calmed down...it is so tiring to have a bad cough.

Love, Nancy

PS no laptop yet...so not in my regular rhythm of the day..morning coffee and you blog. It is usually evening by the time I get to it!



nancy-Lou said...

oooh sorry for writing such a long comment....good grief Charlie Brown!

beth bennett said...

It would be interesting to have a Muslim friend but I do not think I have any.

What a beautiful idea for that little girl and her dad will be thrilled too.

You have had quite the day and I also find te time change hard.

Dad is drinking lots and appreciated your visit Sandra.

Peanut was confused by your stopping here and not going right home.

Poor doggie
1

Love mom