Saturday, March 4, 2017

LOST

                           A sunny morning and a quiet day planned for us.  I literally have to catch my breath,
Enjoyed a walk to the store and a visit at the home with Joyce., and before I realized it was time to go to Carol's and Panteli's for supper.

I read the parable about the lost sheep.  The shepherd leaves the 99 to go looking for the lost one.
Jesus is able to captivate his audience with simple stories that rang true but left some unanswered questions.  What was the message.  God is like the shepherd who cares about each one of us.

As a child I was lost twice.  The first time I set off to meet my dad coming home from work and I got lost.  I was picked up by the police and brought home.

The second time I was found wandering around in the wrong store and was taken to the police station.  I remember sitting up on the counter eating candy,

Anyone who has lost a child even for a minute will be seized with fear.

God's love will always search for the wandering lost soul.  He is like the shepherd who searches until he finds the lost one and caries it home on his shoulder.

I am thankful that I am loved and can feel safe in the love that flows from the heart of Jesus.


                             Sunday morning snowfall

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Lost! My goodness that must have been pretty scary for you to be lost as a child. I am glad it all worked out well and you were returned homw safely.

Once our son, when he was about 5, rode his tricycle down the middle of a busy street in Winnipeg....he was a bit of an escape artist....and the thing is...his Dad was on duty and got the call of this boy holding up traffic and it was his son! There was a long line of cars following him. oh boy!

I hope you don't get any more winter storms. We are bracing for snow on Monday and they are saying it is going to be a major storm. fortunately we don't have any appointments until Thursday and the roads should be better by then.

What is happening with Kim and Haiti, when Carol and Panteli move to the Cayman's?

We had a nice walk today and saw some crows who arrived very early this year. We are hoping it portends for an early spring.

I like the analogy of God and the Shepherd....searching for their lost sheep.

Well off to watch the end of the curling game.

have a lovely evening,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

That was a good story Nancy about your son and his dad!

Heavy snowfall over night.

Take care.

LOve beth

Sandra said...

Thank goodness our lost child stories all have happy endings. I can not imagine living with the guilt and pain of losing a child that just wanders off and never comes back.

The snow is finally slowing down here, looks like you got as much as us this time.

Off to the grocery store I guess.

Sandra