Sunday, March 5, 2017

STAYING STRONG

It has been snowing all night and it is beautiful but sadly we won't be going to church.  This is one place that helps me regain my strength, where I feel loved and accepted and also regain any serenity that has drained out of my life.

Yesterday we had a delicious supper with Carol and Panteli and Kim.  Sandra and Randy where there also with Randy's daughter Mandy and her husband James.  It is very sad to face the facts that Carol is leaving for the Grand Caymans.  We will sure miss her but happy she will be having another wonderful adventure in a beautiful place.  She would like us all to go there for Christmas which sounds great but I know my limitations and my weaknesses in my body that will not make this possible.

Panteli will be going at different times and I believe Kim may go at Christmas as will Theresa and Mikie and family.

Haiti always has a home with us.

Sandra has asked us over at Christmas and Shawna and Steve will be driving here from Edmonton.

I have faith that God strengths us daily with assurances of new hope/  Many decisions are tough and I know I cannot please others.

I pray for the grace and wisdom of God to keep me strong and trusting.!  !

4 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Very dramatic news about Carol leaving for the Caymans again.

I survived the trip to the dentist much better than last time! No trip to the emergecy room at all! The dentist used a different combination of anathestics and things went more smoothly.

Now I can finally get the crown put on the implant! Hopefully that will happen in the next month or so.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

That is good Rick you must have been concerned after the last visit.

Yes we feel sad Carol is going so far away but we know she will be happy.

Dad has written on his blog

More snow today.

Love mon

Sandra said...

I am trying to look on the bright side of this snow. Like I said, I am trying, I will let you know when I find it.

Took my umbrella when Peanut and I walked last night but it had turned to snow by the time we headed for home.

I guess you and dad did not go out last night for the big farewell party?

Theresa dropped off Morgan at our house yesterday around 2 as she was heading to Burnaby for two soccer games with Ben and Mikey was working. Morgan was not happy and had tears in her eyes. Randy built her a fire as she was cold and we watched one of her favorite shows on Netflix till Mikey came a couple of hours later.

Humming and hawing still about paint colour for the kitchen/family room.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes we did go to the big party by mistake.
We got mixed up and did not stay.
Glad you made Morgan happy.
she is missing her mother a lot.

I could not believe more snow last evening.

Our walk and sidewalk are being cleaned again.

So good to have kind neighbors.

Love mom