Tuesday, August 26, 2014

ALRIGHT

P8252172
It has found its place.  My new birthday present.

How am I feeling?  Much better with the rash going and my sleeping is better.  I am happy.  I tire easily I am going to be alright!  I have learned a lot being around happy people who inspire me and keep doing the best they can.

I am thankful we did what we could to help when we could because our life has changed a lot.  I am thankful I can get out of bed in the morning and I let my energy be my guide.
Yes, even my brain is working and I have so much to be thankful for.

Poor dad is very sick to his stomach for the second day.  What a miserable feeling.
 Even had to throw up a bit.  Very unusual for him.  He went back to bed and is watching tennis.  I was over visiting Gunty but I would have wanted him to see a doctor and of course he would not.  I phoned Leah and that was her advice too.

He did recover  but may be coming down with a cold, but started putting new lights in the kitchen.

And lots of new books for me to read!

I  am reading the book "A Paradise Built In Hell".  A book about the after math of disasters.The amazing thing is that natural and man-made disasters can bring survivors together to work out creative ways to over-come great seemingly impossible circumstances.  They are forces out of their homes and everybody comes together talking and helping each other.  They become a community.
 
"Disaster requires an ability to embrace contradiction in both the minds of those undergoing it and trying to understand it from afar.  In each disaster, there is suffering, there are psyche scars that will be felt most when the emergency is over, there are deaths and losses."  - A Paradise Built in Hell."
 
Where there is a will combined with resourcefulness life goes on.

5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Too bad Larry is feeling poorly. Stomach upsets are so debilitating. Good thing he stayed in bed. I hope he feels better soon.

I am glad your rash is disappearing and you are feeling better.

Yes, becoming a senior and retiring, along with health challenges sure does change your life. Ours is a very quiet life, staying home a lot. Carl cannot do much walking so he watches a lot of TV and sleeps a lot. He really misses running his business and all the people contacts. Not I, though. I like being home and a quiet life! I am working on an art project using gold leaf. It is a learning experience.

It has stopped raining so Max, Bella and I can go for our walk and raise money through ReQwalk for the shelter! Our goal today is a mile and a half! Got to watch our for Mr. Bear! He has been scaring cottagers. A friend of mine was walking in her yard and he climbed down a tree 4 ft from her. Scared the wits out of her!

It is another great day, isn't it?

Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

It is good that Leah can offer advice now.

I hope both you and Dad feel better soon!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Yes advice at my age helps. I was afraid dad may have had a re-action to the rat poo because I did not think he took enough precautions.
Both feeling better although dad will eat lightly and I hope have lots of rest. I am a home body too.
love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Rat poop problems could be very serious. So, of course, if Dad is not getting better soon, then medical assistance probably a good idea.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

SPRING HAS SPRUNG! 21c , sunny ,no wind .Great. Jasmine is wearing her Frozen dress today to kinder. ( frozen :kids movie little girls love and make their daddy's watch with them )
Hope dad feeling better soon.
ken