Tuesday, August 5, 2014

CONFESSIONS

P7301756
“For the mind, awareness is the womb of creation.  To achieve a life filled with meaning, it is important to figure out how to be more aware and awake so that we can control our thoughts.
Expose your mind to a higher vision through art, poetry and music. 
Today the world is full of little messages that come from many sources one of which may be reading scripture, the newspaper or an interesting book
Early in the morning is a good place to start for me.

I have a confession to make that I feel stupid.  I did not use to feel this way and I did very well at school and was university material.  I think the many, many long stressful years of poor health did affect my brain.  I do not do well at playing games or answering questions,  It is no fun knowing you are not smart.

Always encourage your children to develop the skills they have and to find a goal for their lives.

The trouble is I often have trouble communicating with children and adults.
P7301760

I did not like tasks that take brain skills and I did not even want to read books about the brain.  But now that my brain may be not doing its job I want to read and find out more about it.

There is a whole table on brain books at Chapters I would like to buy.  I guess I should check the library first that would be smart.

"Driven by what you want out of life, your personal growth works in reshaping your brain.  If you choose to grow and develop, you are guiding your own evolution."  -Super Brain Solutions.

Eating right along with exercise and study to learn something new increase the brain's ability.  There is hope for me even as I become more forgetful I have to train my self to be conscious of what I am doing.  Like when I walk the dog Haiti I have to be very alert, seeing squirrels or other dogs before she does so I can say No! No! Haiti do not even think of it!  (Seems quiet without her this morning I expect to have her waiting tail wagging for our walk!  She was so good.)

So two blogs in one day how brainy is that!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matthew ears are still not draining, he is going to get tubes for his ears and have his adnoids removed on 13Oct.I am still not 100% , chesty cough and just not feeling well ( doesnt help getting up at 2am for work )Hope you have a great day .
Ps There are all kinds of smart mom and i think your very clever.
Ken

beth bennett said...

That is tough news about you and Matthew. I know they do amazing things now a days and I will be praying for him and you all at that anxious time.

Ken you sound miserable. I took 299 for my cough as it was the only thing that stopped the coughing. It is so tiring. Do you have an infection. Are you on medicine. I am praying for you too. I had to leave church when I started to cough but I have an inhaler now and even a cough candy can help your throat.
I wish you could take some time off.
Dad is doing well on his bike and I think feeling so much better. We are watching tennis now.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Ahhh, Beth, you are so very smart....How many people in their seventies could write a blog that is so well written with many intellectual stories and quotes as well as all the family news and photos that you do? Whew that was one long sentence!
You are a very smart lady and many of us in our seventies forget things...in fact even younger people do too! It is just a part of aging. I think we all have had enough questions and played enough games in our lifetime and we shouldn`t have too worry about it now.
Don`t be so hard on yourself...see all the many wonderful things you do and the ones you are not so good at...well who cares! There are lots of things I am not good at....and I am sure we can all find things we are not good at.

Just go with the flow and don`t fret!

Yes I find that we too are eating lighter meals and not as often now that Carl is retired! I have very little appetite in this hot weather.

I was in Winnipeg with my son today. He was looking for a new kitty, but had a bad experience at a very poorly run shelter. He was denied because he admitted that he occassionally let his cat outdoors...the one that passed away at age 17. He promised he wouldn`t let out the little cat he wanted to adopt and the woman was very rude to him and refused to let him adopt. The shelter was so terribly overcrowded and smelled like urine. I felt really sorry for those poor cats and so many were looking so depressed.
Sure wish I could help them all...but I cannot!

Anyway.off to Winnipeg again tomorrow.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Thank you Nancy.
That is so sad about your son and the kitten and then have to leave it in such bad conditions.

Off to bed now.

love beth