Wednesday, August 13, 2014

ON THE ROAD AGAIN

P8122017
Can you see the raindrops?
P8122015
P8111964
I woke up later than usual. wouldn’t you know it.
Not enough time for a walk before leaving for White Rock at 8:45.
It was starting to rain so I told it to wait till I had finished watering and gardening. 
It was so light it did not really matter.

P8111960
Had a long wait at the hospital during which time dad was helpful telling people they had to pull a number and then sit and wait.  Once again it was noted that the women were able to pull just one number but the men would pull several each time.
I heard my heart beating as the girl did my test on my arteries.  Such a funny and sometimes loud noise.  I tried to take a peek but there is no way I can understand it.
Just imagine all the activity going on in our bodies.  Heart beating, lungs breathing. blood racing, mind computing, and brain keeping it all working!
Afterwards we found this cute very popular restaurant in Ocean Park.  Lots of regulars getting good attention as we did too.  Small but very cozy and, cute waitresses.  Dad ate his all up but I had enough to bring home for supper.   We are really eating smaller meals, which I guess has become a habit.
P8122014P8122010

After coming home and having a nap Dad went for a bike ride and I  walked down to visit Lilly,    An amazing story teller with a strong faith.  She is still recovering from her hip socket being pulled out and they say it is the soft tissue that has to heal.  She is getting a cleaning lady and has a gardener both whom are "slow".  That is Lilly for you.  If they are okay I will have them too.

ken photo 407ken photo 392ken photo 419I could not find these pictures yesterday.
Dad finally took my advice and went to see the F.Y.I. eye doctor by our house.  She was able to remove the little lashes from his eye.  What a relief!

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Uh hum, someone else told dad to go see someone about his eye lash. Still so warm and muggy, hope the rain really cools things down. So dark already in the morning! There were street lights still on when I walked yesterday. Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

It seems you made up for sleeping in that one day by being up extra early today.

Too many rules is as bad as too many monkeys!

Love,

Rick

Shandel said...

It is quite dark here in the mornings too. And thankfully a bit cooler lol we walk the Daisy early to let her cool off before the heat returns. It is her birthday this month. 3 already! Looking forward to shaving her fur off next week before we take off for our road trip to Jasper :D

Glad Grandpa could find relief with his eyes. that is such a pain in the butt when eye lashes get stuck inside.

What a cute little restaurant. So fun to find gems like that. We are planning on going to the city (Whyte Ave) on Saturday after our workout in the morning. Going to have breakfast at one of my favorite cafes under the yoga studio. And then we thought we would walk all around the Whyte Ave as there is always something to look at or see. Even just people watching! haha
My friend hand made me a dream catcher so we are going to stop and pick that up too. nothing overly fancy but made with lots of love and good healing energy.
have a great day!
XO

nancy-Lou said...

Wowsers, you were up early, 3:30. I hope you had a nap today.
LOL at Rick's remark about rules and monkeys. Very true.

Those are adorable little children of Ken's....very cute!

That is a cute little restaurant. I found a nice one in Winnipeg that is run by handicapped people. They do a great job and have a varied menu.

What is a FYI eye doctor? I am glad she was able to fix Larry's eye.

We had a long day in Winnipeg, but got everything done for a change...a great day. It is a three hour drive there and back..so by the time we run errands and drive there and home, we are tired.

Love,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some relief from the heat. Jasmine and Jesse home from school today sick.jasmine was at school and we had to go get her. Matthew made it to school. He had his photo taken yesterday by the local paper. I will send you a copy if it is published .still cold here ,but the buds are showing on the trees .
Ken

larry bennett said...

You guys must be VERY tired - we usually only have to go an hour or so - glad it turned out a good day!

Anonymous said...

Nancy I do not stay up, sometimes get up because I am not sleeping and fortunately go back to sleep.

F is for For
Y is for You
I is for eyes.
www.fyidoctors.com
The were excellent. Larry wants to change for several reasons. His doctor does not listen and it is a drive into town that we do not need anymore.
Yes we know it always feels good to be home.