Friday, August 15, 2014

SKEPTIC

P8111969
Down to the pond in the cool of the morning .
Thankful it   was not too hot nor was it raining.
It is getting darker every day.

Dad was out on his bike getting it fine tuned.

I went to the Seniors Home and so glad I did Jim looked so down when I arrived and was very grateful for his milkshake.  There was a big group for me to visit with so I stayed longer than I planned.

Sorry I miss Sandra when she stopped by for a quick visit but Kim was at our house when I arrived home.  She brought some of her things ready for the big day she moves in.  Maybe to-morrow

Life is not fair and can cause even those with deep faith to become skeptical.
 
Suffering, illness,  evil and  death cause pain to many families. 
There is always the worry about loved ones.  Every night on the news we see catastrophes that cause misery and loss of family or home or jobs.
 
Even the Bible does not answer our questions.  Gideon questions if the Lord is with them, why has all this happened to us this man of faith moans.  We can try harder and still not find our way.  Isaiah says that truly God is a God who is hiding himself.  Even prophets have their skeptical moments.
 
Many are tired and exhausted and life has become a struggle even for famous and humorous people like Robin Williams.  Is this the best that God can do makes life seem gray and the way difficult.  My prayer would be that even in times of struggle to believe I choose to reach out to the One that gives me courage and strength.
 
I am thankful that my life has been so blessed.  I have broken out in a very itch painful rash I think related to gluten.  Have you experienced this Nancy.?  It is called Dermatitis Herpetiformis. 
It has made me more skeptical of all I am eating.  I am sure it will be better soon.  I am careful!
 
I believe in the healing power of our bodies to heal and I also believe in the power of love!

3 comments:

Steady-as-rain said...

Shouldn't you have mentioned the guy in the bible with the boils? Job?

The skin rash you have developed could have some other cause.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Maybe your mystery weeds ade causing you to itch??
days off now.
ken

beth bennett said...

Yes wisdom from my boys!

Enjoy your days off both of you.

I was going to add Job: Though I cry "Violence" I get no response, though I cry for help there is no justice."

I am a bit better today.

love mom