Sunday, August 3, 2014

SWIMMING ON THE WILD SIDE

P8021815


P8021827P8021826
Ben and grandpa play volley ball.

P8021830
Sandra with her youngest son Cameron

P8021840P8021839
Sandra and Randy trying to make a big splash

P8021850
Susan and Keith take a time out to watch,

I have a few more pictures but I did not get everyone as some because of the sun I could not see what I was taking.  It was lots of fun to be with our family and seeing everyone have a "wild" time.  We enjoyed a fine feast for supper supplied with old favorites spiced up.

I nearly drowned but at least I had my new bathing suit Sandra supplied for me.  It fit perfectly.

Dad had some rubber shoes that Carol brought for him so he could walk in the pool.

I came home and had some of my new tea with biscuits and a book! !  That is about as wild as I get ! !

We were practicing good brain therapy,
be yourself and be spontaneous
laugh at yourself
be inventive
be flexible
be adaptable
hanging lose


Sunday morning not a cloud in the sky and we areoff to church after Haiti and I have a walk!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Well, we are not all that wild as our parties are always over by 8:00. I guess everyone just gets all tuckered out by the swimming and needs to go home an have a nap. Still undecided on what we will do today. I think maybe something out of the sun as Cameron and Shandel were a little pink yesterday. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Nearly drowned? What on earth happened Beth? Did you slip? Be careful now...I know there are lots of other people there to watch out!

Such happy pictures you have posted!
So nice to see the kids enjoy the pool too.....they usually are hard to get out! Did you have the diving contest yet?

it looks as though you are still having hot weather there....which is good for the gardens. Sandra's look so nice. she has worked hard to get it to look so good in the just the first year.
Our growing season is behind about two weeks. We called in at the farm on the way home to buy veggies and most were bought at the wholesale. The corn will not be ready for another 10 days. Sure shows how cool the weather has been here. usually the corn is ready by the third week of July.

Carl hasn't been himself lately...sleeping a lot and cranky. Soon I pick up my friend who lives about 20 minutes away and we are off to Lac du Bonnet for some fun at the art show! Our dogs are fine at home because they have a pet door to go in and out as they please.

I bought a new book to read...a bit of a tome! The title is The Luminaries and it is am interesting suspenseful story that is set during the gold rush in New Zealand, many years ago. It won The Booker Prize in 2013. I think it might be something Larry might enjoy...not sure what he reads. it is fiction and very well written. I bought it at Costco for $14 but the book is rather heavy for reading in bed...so bought it again for my kindle reader. Much easier to handle!

I hope you and Larry have a nice Sunday...peaceful and restful.

Can't wait to get back home and read the book. Every chapter leaves you in suspense!

Love,
nancy



Anonymous said...

Looks like fun . Matthew and Jasmine would love to be there !! cold , frosty but sunny here. I have caught the cold , now i have a cough .
ken

beth bennett said...

Yes I think everyone had fun.

Ken I hope you are taking your vitamins and recover quickly. I was talking to my friend at church and we remembered that when you had kids you had to force yourself to keep going. So true.

Randy and Sandra won the belly flop for the biggest splash. Good to see everyone having fun.

love mom

Shandel said...

Grandma did you enjoy the tea? it is a special organic blend that my yoga teacher makes. She grows all her own herbs and creates wonderful tasty treats.