Monday, August 11, 2014

THE UNKNOWN

P8101932
Everyday we face the unknown. 

I believe that life is precious and God gives me strength when I face difficult and dark days.

Watching the news we see war and violence, hunger and sickness.
Will there ever be peace between Israel  and the Gaza,  will they stop
murdering each other?    Will they find a home and a country where they can survive?  As usual the innocent suffer the most.

How can we know the whole truth and hear both sides of the issues?
What can we believe about the news we see and read and is the truth actually one day going to be revealed?

How do we find the faith that can produce hope and  keep us going?  Is there really a God?  Why are there so many misunderstandings?    How was something created out of nothing? 

Why is so much of life flawed and blemished?  Not only is perfection hard to grasp but so is the idea of God.
Does life have meaning and purpose?  How do I find out mine?
“Whatever we might imagine God to be-a good God, a loving God, an all-powerful God,
an all-knowing God- it is vital to remember that we can move from hope to belief to knowing.
 We can be reasonable and we do not have to be purely mystical.  He (She) is mystery! !

One thing I know for certain all of us human beings are imperfect and no one has all the answers.

P8101937
Do we have to choose between science and religion?  I say no, they are two separate ways of looking at our world, each shines light on the other with their own knowledge and excellence!

All we can say is God does not exist for me or God does exist for me.  It is the same as believing in love, trust. and the deeper meaning to our existence.
P8081929
I  loved the Secret Garden with the door that open to the discovery of a beautiful garden,
The spiritual path can begin with a state of uncertainty but one that can be hopeful.
I believe is a place of security and can lead to a true understanding that is knowing.
Every individual finds out for themselves especially if they are willing to keep asking questions and keep searching.  If you are a Buddhist you call this enlightenment and knowing.

Face the unknown and ask yourself why you know what you know.  Keep an open mind.  Se the good in people.  Learn from the life of Jesus and other wise saints or seers.  Read and learn from the spiritual experiences of others.

To experience times of  deep calm, strength or knowingness in times of trouble is God's presence with you!

I did not feel so good yesterday but I believed that today I would feel better.

Sandra has her pool,  Carol has her ocean and I am thankful for a bath tub of cool water!
Actually I shared it with  a huge mosquito

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOVIE WAS GREAT LAST NIGHT. DID DAD WATCH THE GOLF THIS MORNING?? THAT WAS GREAT TOO , ALMOST LATE FOR WORK.
KEN

Anonymous said...

Re Gaza .... they should let both leaders battle it out to the death ... and let the kids live ...
just a thought ... ken

Sandra said...

We forgot to open our windows last night as we got home from dinner with the neighbours, very stuffy in the house this morning. Remember you and dad can come splash around all you want even when we are at work, I think it is suppose to be another hot week. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

It is at times like this, when so many terrible atrocities are happening in this world that we ask the question...where is God?

Is there a God?

Is God not the be all and end all that we have been led to believe?

How can God allow these things to happen?

Does it all go back to Adam and Eve and the choice they made?

Is God a punishing God?

These are questions that have been asked since the beginning of time, I guess....but seeing the pictures and videos of people burned alive and children killed and wounded etc...really shakes my faith and renews these questions.

Sorry to hear that you were not well yesterday Beth....I know how much you enjoy your long walks and hope that you will be feeling stronger today and able to have a good walk.

Max and Bella and I had a good walk yesterday..only 1 mile, but it is my first walk since having pneumonia...we will gradually build up to 3 or 4 miles a day.
I have found an app for my iphone that keeps track of your walk and a small amount of $$ are donated once a week to an animal shelter of your choice. The more people who join, the more $$ they receive. Mine is Craig Street Cats, a rescue who really need help.

Today is a cooler day...thankfully, and we were able to sleep with the AC off and windows open last night. BUT the heat is coming back again. 25C is nice, but 33C is not nice! I see you are having a hot summer too! Good pool weather.

I wish you a good day....hopefully feeling better.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Yes Ken dad and I watched golf.
Another hot day here, too hot for me. I had half of my walk and will have another walk over to the blood clinic to let them take blood. No use going too early as that is when it is busy.
Yes Nancy those are the questions that do not go away.
Miracles do still happen.
love beth.

larry bennett said...

It is every ones right to believe in their god, and make it what they want to believe. If that gives them peace and hope that is wonderful.

I was going to say much more.
But
I
Will
Not.