Monday, August 4, 2014

BLESSINGS

P8031863
Getting too hot for me.
 
 
P8021859P8021856

Birthday blessings
I receive several more cards and gifts.
Special tea(raspberry, mint and strawberry
 and books by Mitch Albom.
My birthday cake, pavlova was delicious.


P8021855Family Blessings
Carol setting out supper with Panteli
 over behind at the barbecue.


P8021842
Everyone one takes turns going in and out of the pool.
As soon as you come out you dry off and feel hot  again.

P8021834
Morgan is busy making bracelets.
She is getting better and better and
was making Sandra one when I left.

P8021838
                       Dad and Morgan trying to decide what to eat.
P8021853
Ben still in the pool snorkeling.  Randy and James try to give him a hard time and even close off his air.

Sunday dad and I went to church to find out the true meaning of Israel is to mean chosen to be a nation not of warriors but worshipers who will struggle with God, like Jacob did.  I believe that this is a struggle or the path that I am on.  This is a humbling thought for us all.  Many questions and no answers.

Dad and I hurried to Tssawwassen after church to see Ben at the skate board park where there was a contest.  There were some very cool dudes there.  Ben enjoyed it even when he did not win.

We stayed to watch some baseball and Carol and Panteli wanted us to stay for supper but the heat and our age made us too tired.  I know I felt bad but we have to admit we are getting old.

There will always be questions that call to us as seekers
who if we are open will feel the touch of the Holy Spirit. 
Answers to prayers that are simple conversation with God
 have the potential to transcend logical explanations.

I am thankful for the gift of curiosity!  !  I am thankful for all the good years we have had!

4 comments:

Sandra said...

As I was paddling my way across the bay yesterday trying to avoid all of the speeding boats I was thinking maybe I am getting to old for this stuff my self! But we made it safe and sound, though we were all tired out and glad to come home and jump in the pool. If you guys are home this morning maybe we will pop by for a visit? Sandra

larry bennett said...

That looks like quite a paddle - remember in only a short 20 years you will have caught up to us!!

Do it NOW I think is the answer - good on all of you.

Anonymous said...

What bay ? Hopefully the water was warmer than it was last year when I swam at cresent beach. It was frezzing.
Ken

Shandel said...

Sandy and Randy did so wonderful on the paddle of the kayak. hahah i think they left me in the dust or should i say waves? haha it was fun and glad to try something new. Happy that Ben enjoyed the skate park fun even if he did not win. that is true spirit right there. it was nice to get to know Ben and Morgan better. this was a great trip out!