Saturday, August 23, 2014

FABULOUS GOURMET

As you get older, and even when you are younger, you can lose your sensitive taste buds and also lose the willingness to try new things.  It can all seem like too much effort.  That is where I am now.
P8222104Kim has come and brought life to our home but also to our eating.  She takes a long time shopping and is quick at preparation.  She is amazing!  Today she is making a cake for Theresa's party on the 24th on a boat.  She is also making two other items.
P8232105
I was just debating going for my walk when Carol phoned to see is I wanted to go to Chilliwack to watch Ben play soccer.  Boy O boy I sure did.  Dad does not feel up to the driving and often a long walk to the soccer field.  There were chairs provided but I left to go closer to the action.  Ben is the tallest so easy to spot.  We were a little late after taking a wrong turn or two so missed his first period in goal. I was no help sitting in the front as co-pilot because I almost always feel we are going the wrong direction. The second half he played defense  and  he did well almost scoring several goals.  
P8222089
Morgan came home to spent the weekend with Carol and Panteli.  She had lots of plans especially to see the out door movie.

After a rest dad and I drove over to Sandra's to wish her a happy drive to Edmonton to visit all the family there.  Lincoln will also be turning one!

Sandra had graciously made a delicious loaf for me which the dog ate before I got there. 


2 comments:

Sandra said...

I did not know you had already had a busy morning before coming over to say goodbye. Yes, you have to keep your eye on Lucy. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Wasn't that an exciting day....driving out to Chilliwack to watch the game and visit with your family. Great pictures of Ben in action! Well done Ben, to earn player of the game and a soccer ball. He is growing up so quickly.

Kim must be an angel...cooking such nutritious foods for you. The salad with legumes and beans is so good for you. Maybe we could clone her and she could come here! You have such a loving and caring family.

oh oh, I bet Sandra's dog is in the dog house after eating that loaf, that was intended for you. Dogs are such a blessing but at times can sure be mischievous.

It is a fall like day today with a lot of steady and heavy rain and strong winds. A good day to spend in the studio or the kitchen...haven't made up my mind yet.

Have a great day,
Love, Nancy