Wednesday, August 6, 2014

IMMAGINATION

P7301764P7301766
Yesterday was a perfect day and I am so thankful for the coolness in the morning, in fact the whole day was cooler.  I missed having Haiti on my walk today and I missed having her around the house.  The racoon came over the fence sure that he had won the battle.

I took Jim a birthday milkshake but I was a day early.  I had a good visit with some other people too so that was good.

Dad went on a big ride up to Guildford because he wants a container to carry things on his bike.  He has one order from another store.  He is doing amazingly well.
We also got my G.F. bread from White Rock and stopped to look in the consignment store next door.  It is very nicely set up.  I bought a white sweater for 7 dollars.  Very plain but just what I like.  I think my daughters may like this store too but you never know.
P7301760
“When imagination is playing is playing its highest game, it is important not to let it come out in the open, lest reason should say “Nonsense” and the tension be lost.”  -L.W. Boston,  A Stranger at Greene Kowe.
I do not need to use my imagination as to know this past week-end would be great fun and it was!   It was great to have Shandel and Cameron there.

There is a poem by James W. Johnson who imagines the story of Creation in a work of art that makes the molding of man as a sculptor's work.  Maybe like many a artist they are not really sure of the end product.

"Up from the bed of the river God scooped the clay,
and by the bank of the river He kneeled down
and there the Almighty God who lit the sun and fixed it in the sky,
who flung the stars into the heavens to the far corner of the night,
who rounded the earth in the middle of his hand;
The great God like a mammy bending over her baby, kneeled  down in the dust
toiling over a lump of clay till He shaped it in his own image
(giving it a heart and a mind and emotions)
Then into it He blew the breath of life,
and man became a living soul.

Once this breath breaths new life into each one of us even though we are unworthy we feel His love and acceptance and we are worthy.

"Beneath the surface of every broken person
there is a work of art waiting to be revealed." 
- Mark Batterson,   -"The Circle Maker."

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I was surprised by the clouds when I got to work as it was perfectly sunny when I left home. It was very nice to have a cool walk. You should get a a small dog of your own, you always miss Hatie when she leaves. Sandra

Steady-as-rain said...

Yes, I like it better when it is cooler. However, still very hot in Kamloops!

That consignment store sounds interesting.

Glad Haiti scared away the raccoons, although I'm not sure the neighbours would have been so happy with early morning barking!

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

Rick I have missed your comments.

I kept Haiti from barking TOO LONG OR LOUD.

Yes we found some neat hats there for men, one that dad was tempted to buy.

I am late walking this morning so I had better get going. It is too easy just to say it is too late so why bother!

We will Haiti in Sept. so that is enough!

love mom

Sandra said...

Did you book your appointment for the duct cleaning yet?

beth bennett said...

No we thought you had done it.
love mom

Sandra said...

They will be calling you, I gave them your number

Anonymous said...

The days are getting noticeably longer her. Only three weeks until spring. Day off today. Jasmine is bringing a friend home from school today. Her mom will pick her up around 3pm.
Ken