Saturday, August 30, 2014

THE EARLY MORNING WRITER

P8302215
It is just starting to get light and their is the autumn chill in the air. First task in the morning is to close all the windows and put on a very warm house coat.
P8302206 I do miss the glorious sunrises which we use to enjoy at our other home.

I decide to take out some of my old writing books from ages ago. 
I use to wait until the house was empty and then I would journal.  One thing I do notice my hand writing was much better then.

  My note book is never far from me now,  as thoughts come and are gone so quickly.

These are words written in my old journal from about 2005.

"Prayer comes before action.

When our families come together at a family event our little grandson Ben (2) runs to greet each one of us with a joyous hugs.  When he is scolded he sits down with his head on his knee in an act of complete sorrow.

He loves to be outside and when I am with him and see through his young bright eyes there is not a bug, or a worm, or a butterfly or a special rock or leaf that does not catch his eye. 

I take a lot for granted in my walks alone usually deep in thought.

Life takes courage, as troubles and sadness touch all our lives.
Courage to be open to change.
Courage to look deep inside and experience both joy and sorrow.
(Sometimes finding the world a strange place, unaccountable and uncomfortable)
Finding goodness and strength to overcome."

Now it is Morgan who gives us a big hug right away but as we say goodbye Ben becomes a hugger again.

Our relationship is different with each one of our grand children and also our great grandchildren.  It is sad that we do not see some as often as we would like.

Dad has been busy changing light bulbs, fixing the vacuum, and fixing the upstairs toilet.

We left the rain in Surrey to go to Langley for Ben' where only a few drops fall on us.
The game seems to be getting a bit more rougher as the boys become more competitive.

2 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Lovely sweet words about your young Grandson. It is nice, now that Ben is older he still gives goodbye hugs. Have a fun time at the game! Is it in Chilliwack?

You are fortunate that Larry is a Mr.Fixit and can do those home reparis.

Interesting that you say you can feel the Autumn chill in the air...our overnight low was 5 degrees and the first of the migrating sparrows are coming to the feeding station...singing in their wispy calls to each other,

Fall is definitely in the air. The Mother Osprey was teaching her two youngsters how to rise on the thermals the other day. She constantly calls to them in her loud chirp. One went the wrong way and she flew after him and brought him back to the thermals.
WAtching nature is so interesting. I really like it later in fall when most of the cottagers have gone and I walk along the lake path...it is a feast for the ears and eyes...even the nose as the smell of the fallen leaves is so nice.

I am going to work on a commission piece today...an easy one of one of my favourite views.A watercolour.

Have a great day,
Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy you paint wonderful pictures with your words. I feel like I am right there with all your birds.

The game is in Langley a little closer and so not a long walk to find the right field so
Larry is coming too.

These games are so exciting more than any game on T.V.

Enjoy your day.
love beth