Sunday, August 17, 2014

CHALLENGING BELIFS

P8111975
A belief that enables us to see the beauty around us
and within our selves and others gives life meaning and vision.  I want to enjoy life the best I can right now.

"The point is this; there is no more powerful directing, in your behavior, than your beliefs."  -Rabbi Arron

It is good to challenge what you really believe and how that is lived out in your daily inter-actions.
There are people who say they have no faith in God yet treat other human beings as equal, leaving an impression that we are all created in a Godly image.  Then there are those who openly declare their  faith and their behavior does not match their words.

“The kind of God (or what ever your belief is focused on ) can determine if your life will be creative or destructive, joyful or miserable.” –Rabbi David Arron.
This means to me that it is important to fully embrace your beliefs that give you energy and invigorate you.  I believe my image of God is one of love that desires me to be happy.

The question is what can I do to become happier and to make others happier.
 I know that I am doing more stupid silly things like key in the code at the Seniors Home to open the door that is already open.  The dear old folks were saying what was I doing then I realized my mistake and we all had a good laugh.  Right now I can laugh at my mistakes, which sometimes require correcting but not always.

Sometimes I do not understand why others may act the way they do but I just accept it.  Each one of us has had experiences that shape our lives and challenge our early belief system.
P8111981

Dad and I enjoyed our morning with Kim before she was off meeting her mom and going for a walk at the bird sanctuary and having lunch out.  They also stopped at a vinery to taste some excellent wine.  I am sure we will taste some at our next get together.

Dad and I met Lois Dunlop (Evens) for lunch and got caught up with the latest news of her family.  She is fortunate to be able to travel to Hawaii in the dark dreary days of Jan. and Feb. 

Carol and Kim are off to see Theresa and Mikie and the children.  I think Kim said this is her final run to pick up the last of her things.  Carol is taking Ben and Morgan to the airshow and hopes they will be able to fly with one of the pilots for a special trip.

Dad and I are planning to go to church.  First I will take Haiti for her walk.

I am thankful that I can find healing and strength and joy  in my beliefs.

2 comments:

beth bennett said...

Seems like I am having one od those rare days of no comment

Sandra said...

Hmm, i guess I dropped the ball being on holiday. I will have to try and do better when I am in Edmonton.