Sunday, August 31, 2014

GOODNESS

P8111991
I am eating imitation cream cheese.  It has no dairy, no
butterfat and no cholesterol and definitely no gluten.
I wonder well what goodness does it have?  I look for no gluten but I guess I should also look for healthy ingredients too. 

Does it have ant goodness in it!

One thing I am good at is knowing someone has been in our locked house when I come in the door.  It use to be that the cookie jar had been moved but yesterday I had the feeling and every thing seemed in place until I noticed Kim's  shoes that had been at the front door were missing.  So Kim had returned to pick up a few things.  It is a strange feeling.


P8111999
Leaves are starting to change.  I am finding peanuts hidden all over our yard by the squirrels and I am sure they never find them again.

Our plans for the day are to go to church.

God seems to be to be revealing His goodness in the wonder of life and laughter and the beauty of nature.  We never know what the future may hold so we live one day at a time.
I know that in our lives unavoidable suffering has come and will come again.  Despair is suffering without meaning.  I hope that I will always find meaning in the knowledge I can choose to keep holding on to my faith in the goodness that walks with me.

According to Rob Bell "Shalom (which to us means peace) is the presence of God; its the presence of wholeness, completeness.  God's desire is for us to live in harmony with Him and with each other."

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh, I was hoping for pictures of our house. I always wondered if you noticed when I came in and ate a cookie.

beth bennett said...

Plans changed and we did not get invited.
Carol and Panteli go to the soccer game today and bring the children back.
There is another game Monday I would like to see but it was a big walk for dad but fortunately he had a chair to sit in.
What a wonderful, busy time you are having. Give our love to Shawna and Stephen and Lincoln.
love mom

Steady-as-rain said...

Peanuts? Somebody is giving the squirrels peanuts?

Love,

Rick

PS I might have eaten a cookie at some point. :)