Saturday, August 9, 2014

TIME

P8081905 
 Time to find out the truth of what other religions believe and practice. To be human is to hold some things as sacred.  Such as the love of  family and  welfare of country,  honor and justice  and freedom for all.  Many more I think but it is good to look for things we agree on not what we disagree about.  Ordinary human beings learning how to love one another!  !  !

Time for peace.  To hold each human life as sacred.  To let go of  all bitterness.  I read that if Israel apologized for the suffering caused to Palestinian civilians in the 1948 war; such an apology would recognize the fundamental sacred issue at stake, and with that there was a possibility negotiations about the land may have continued.  This of course is just one opinion.

Time to be honest and open and see the other persons point of view.  We can always learn from each other.

Time to look back and remember.  I remember when I was small and you bough shoes you looked at your feet in an x-ray machine.  I can still remember those strange looking bones that made up my feet.  What a miracle!

I can remember sitting in our small little kitchen nook that just fit the four of us.  My brother was the talker while I often just gazed out the window and listened.  Good memory.  But now I find I am wanting to be heard.

Time for prayer to connect me to some hidden source of energy.  Prayer is the activity of one who is in doubt about the future while reaching out for the future.  This feeds the soul and restores energy to the body in my mind anyway.

Time for the weather to change and for the days to become shorter and the night longer.  I seem to have developed a habit of waking at 3 or 4 and worrying about things.  If I pray I fall back asleep.

Time to fix what is broken, either a relationship or a fixture in the house, like the bed up stairs that is broken.  Too many monkeys jumping on the bed!

Time to be happy and laugh and see humor in all situations.

Time to rest and be quiet and meditate on all I have to be thankful for!

Time for visitors to arrive.  Johnathon  arrived first to pick up some tools for Oliver to help with the fixing up of the house.  He and Oliver will be putting a new roof on.  Carol arrive to give John some things for Oliver too.  We   had a bite to eat out in the back yard and a good chin wag.

Carol and Panteli are interested in houses in this area so may come by on Sat.

9 comments:

Sandra said...

I have just started to read a bit about the Isreal Palestine stuff. It seems to me, that when ever some brilliant politicians decide to divide up a country based on religion it is just asking for trouble. Again, not knowing very much at all, but it seems that all the sympathy the Jewish people garnered after World War 2 has been undone with their handling of their country. Very nice blog today mom. I might drop in today for a bit if I have time, I have to go to Aveen's birthday party. Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Yes. that is an interesting blog filled with all kinds of interesting things! Well done, Beth and thanks for an interesting read with my morning coffee.

Where did Oliver buy a house? Good for him...much better than renting.

It is another hot and humid day here, with the AC running all day. Hopefully the cool weather front that is coming through tonight will bring some relief from the humidity.

Have a great day. you two!
Love, Nancy

nancy-Lou said...

It seems that the word interesting is my word of the day! LOL

beth bennett said...

Oliver bought a house in U cue let. I do not know how to spell it. An older fixer upper. His dad, Ron, helped him move his furniture from Victoria and John is helping him fix the roof . These two have been friends since high school.
Interesting is a good word. I always find you interesting Nancy! lol
Love Beth

larry bennett said...

Ucluelet, BC

Ucluelet /juːˈkluːlɨt/ is a district municipality (population about 1,627) on the Ucluelet Peninsula on the west coast of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada. Ucluelet means "people of the safe harbour" in the indigenous Nuu-chah-nulth

nancy-Lou said...

Interesting comment re Ucluelet, Larry! Safe Harbour is a good name...the harbour is an inlet from the sea.
We love Ucluelet and always visited it when we stayed in Parksville for a couple of winter months each year. The walk around the lighthouse is amazing.
Good for Oliver...he must like being close to the sea1

larry bennett said...

Yes and he loves surfing too

Steady-as-rain said...

Too many monkeys indeed!

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

Seems the monkeys travelled to Australia . Cold winters day here , going to the movies this afternoon.
Ken