Thursday, October 29, 2015

PERFECT TIMING

I am coming to accept that I will not be feeling anywhere near my best for a while.  I have been feeling very irritable and frustrated because I feel so weak. 

Today I cope okay by having a walk around the block before breakfast, then an hour nap, then off to buy some groceries with dad's help.  Home for lunch and another hour nap.  This is not just resting or reading it is snoring and sleeping.

I went visiting for an hour and was thankful dad drove me over and waited patiently.

  The sad thing is that there are several  90 year olds  spry and full of energy.  Also a few of them have some new parts so maybe that is all I need.  They do love some one to talk to.

My walking friend Joanne dropped by to see me as they have been missing me.  She volunteered to walk with me and she is a slower walker and knows what it is to have health problems.  I said I will see next week as I really am not going far but it is more fun when you have some one to walk with.  She said a little prayer for me and then got back to her walking.

Maybe if there was a big picture we could see it would help us understand.  But the future is not ours to see so we walk by faith.

I remind myself that timing is everything and that there is a right time for things to unfold.

I trust that there is a higher power that knows what is best and can stand by me until I can look back on my path and be grateful.

I know my writing is not good but it is good for me to do it.

Off to the doctor with dad in the morning.  Do hope he can find some help and some answers.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Awe, Beth, it is so sad to read about your frustration in feeling so tired and weak. I think you have been through so much in the last while and just need to " go with the flow" and rest when you have to and not feel you have to achieve things that are difficult for you to do.

I think you always have been in control and maybe even a perfectionist in things and it is now time to not worry about what you cannot do....everything will be OK...the world is not going to stop turning....and the resting and "going with the flow" of whatever happens will be building new strength and energy in your body. Give yourself permission to stop trying to please everyone and do all those things you used to do.....now is your time!

I hope you don't mind me saying these things...after all I am not family and haven't met you in person, but sometimes being in the sidelines gives one a better perspective on what is going on!

AND please do continue to write in your blog...your photos and words are always appreciated
and it is nice to hear about the family too!

Take care, my friend,

Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way,

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

We got our pumpkin carved and a candle in it . Very spooky. Melina fixed our stuck sliding door. Now we just need to replace the broken parts!😬 Warm but thunderstorms around for our Halloween . The kids went to a Halloween maze yesterday in our neighbourhood.
I'm off to work soon. Start a run of PM shifts.
Reminder for dad : Rugby worked cup final Australia Vs New Zealand tomorrow Sat your time about 8am????
The kiwis look awesome it will be a great result if we win.🏉
Ken

beth bennett said...

Happy Halloween.
Fun time for kids.
Send pictures.
Yes we will watch rugby,

Ben goes over to Victoria to play soccer on Sat. so will miss Halloween but he is excited about the trip.

Dad got some pain pills from the doctor so hope it takes the edge off. He was pleased I made the appointment for him.

We had thubder this morning with heavy raibn abd heavy wind.

Hope you all our keeping well.

love mom