Tuesday, October 13, 2015

TEA TIME

I really appreciate it when an old friend calls and asks you out to tea.  Cathy is still waiting for news of what her future cancer treatment will be.
They are doing one more tests before they decide.  I meant to take her picture she has recovered well from the surgery on her feet and on her breast.

Over the years Cathy and I have shared many good and many difficult times.  She is a very good friend and we have prayed together when times got tough.  I was pleased she asked me to go to her next doctor's appointment to be a support.

Doctors sure make things confusing.

Wed. at Bible study we are reading about Mary going to see her cousin Elizabeth and they rejoice in their mutual pregnancies.

Yes I am so thankful for my health, which will keep improving, and for being able to enjoy the rain or the light sunshine.  I am thankful for faithful friends who are there when I have needed help but also knowing they can ask me to help them.
Also we have had great moments of laughter!

"It is imperative that a woman keep her sense of humor intact and ready,
' She must see, if only in secret, that she is the funniest,  looniest woman in her world, which she must also see as being the most absurd world of all times."  Maya Angelou

4 comments:

Client Strengths said...

Nice that you guys stay in touch even though Cathy has moved off the street.
I forgot to drop off my business cards when I dropped Kimberly off. I might drop them off this morning on my way to work as I'm going in a bit late.

Sandra said...

It is hard to have the title of the looniest with our family, we are a very unique bunch of special people.

My kittens are gaining weight, I was a bit worried and stopped in at the animal shelter yesterday to get some encouragement. It is funny, when it was my own cat and kittens I never worried like this.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

My goodness what a rewarding feeling for Sandra, fostering the mother cat and kittens. They look so cute, so very tiny.

Sorry to hear that your friend Cathy is having to undergo cancer treatments....that is a tough row to hoe....I will keep her in my prayers for good news and an easy time with the treatments.

Yes, sense of humour is so important.....my husband always has had a quirky sense of humour ......we went through some difficult times and it disappeared....but it has returned and makes me laugh again. He calls his doctors office to make an appointment and tells the girl to have coffee and doughnuts waiting....he loves to tease them and it is an ongoing game.

Health is so important to us as we age.....it can be fleeting, but we always seem to bounce back...we are tough gals, Beth!

Another beautiful fall day...and another amazing walk with the waves rolling in and the golden leaves above. People are seeing the wolves all over...they were in my son's yard, next door at midnight, when he went to let in his dog...two and two more in the bush with their eyes glowing. So she is only out on the leash with him now.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Wow I cannot image having wolves so close and it must be scary when you have animals.

love beth