Monday, October 5, 2015

REGRETS

Regrets are like a heaviness on my heart.
There are many times we say things we regret
at least I do.  Sometimes it is just an emotional re-action.

None of us know, how deeply a person may feel about something, especially if we do not feel the same; and find it difficult to understand.

It is called biting your tongue which hurts, but I want to be respected and to respect others.

I went to bed with a heavy heart and woke up with a horrible nightmare.  This large back creature was trying to catch me and it was coming closer and closer loaming over me.
Certainly could have been death, except for me I see death at my age as a friend and with angels coming for me.
I screamed very loudly.

I wake up thankful to be alive!

We took a walk over at the little duck pond across the way from Sandra's house.  The ducks must have all just eaten and were too sleepy to come out of the bull rushes.

Dad's feet are very painful and last night he had to crawl back to bed.

Wonderful if we are able to make our own choices regarding our health and feel supported by family!

Dad is reading in his shade deck and I made it to the sore.

Yes I am reading a book about dying that Sandra lent me.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

Regrets, biting my tongue...oh yes, I certainly have had to do that too, Beth.

Sorry to hear of the heavy heart and nightmare....that must have been pretty terrifying if you screamed out loud...you must have woken Larry up!

I was going to go for a walk at hidden lake and take a few pictures, perhaps to paint. I may take my art class there on Saturday if the weather is nice and we can paint Plein air again. It is separated from Lake Winnipeg by high sand dunes and has a lot of wildlife and fish there. Very beautiful with bull rushes and grasses. Reminds me of the photos you take of the ducks and reeds.But it has started to rain again...filling up our wells and watering the trees for winter. All good.

I wish you and Larry a better day tomorrow...with a good sleep and little pain.

Love, Nancy

beth bennett said...

Hi Nancy it is hot here again.

It is so good you can work with young people.

love beth

Sandra said...

I hate it when my regrets get the better of me and rob me of my right now. Ah, if we could turn back time, we may correct those regrets but I am pretty sure we would come up with some brand new ones.

Did you walk around the pond after lunch? See, you really should have the wheelchair with you.

It the book about dying? I had not gotten very far, I thought it was on aging. Or maybe that is the same thing.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes we went over to the park and dad sat on the bench.

It is about aging and dying.

love mom