Sunday, October 4, 2015

RECOVERY

Sunday morning will be time for church, but dad and I are not well enough to go. Then afterward turkey dinner at Sandra and Randy's.  Looks like another perfect day.

Saturday at Carol and Panteli's was excellent with corn meal muffins and fresh corn, fabulous salad and stir fry  and even rhubarb pie!   All my favorites especially the muffins!

Sorry we missed your phone call Ken but we did try phoning you back.  I think you are back to work now.  Right?  Nice pictures of the children at the beach with Melina and Jessie.  You all are looking good.

I have done well with my recovering but am at a bit of a regression.  I am so thankful for dad and family and friends who have been my encouragement.  Gratitude is so important to recovery.

"When the ill person begins to show an interest in what is happening to others, those who are caring give a sigh of relief.  Recovery has commenced."
Nancy King.

A person in A. A. calls recovery rejoining the human race.  This is not easy for them or for those recovery from trauma or those living with constant pain.  This is dad.

"Recovery is like spirituality in that it is an ineffable experience." -Katherine Kurtz.

  Meaning both are hard to put into words.

I am up early and am longing just to crawl back into bed but I will go for a short walk.
At least I can walk faster than the slug!  Everything else passes me by!

Lovely sunrise first thing.!

4 comments:

Client Strengths said...

So you'll have two turkey dinners (at least) this Thanksgiving seasson!
I didn't see the pictures from Kenny. Did he send them via email? Can you send them to me?
Enjoy the sunshine and church :)

beth bennett said...

Thanks Carol. I love turkey dinners. I know Sandra has several in her freezer so wants to use them up.
Ken is on E-mail I will ask dad to transfer them if he can.
Yes, a supper day but not feeling good enough for church.
love mom

nancy-Lou said...

Gosh, two turkey dinners..how lucky can you be? You are truly blessed with a wonderful family who like to take care of you. We should have had a daughter...but it wasn't it the plans I guess. Both our sons are bachelor's so the cooking falls to me! Our granddaughter, Carly will help me...she is 21 now.

so sorry to hear you both are not feeling well. Pain is so debilitating. One doesn't feel like doing anything at all. Just rest, you two and hopefully tomorrow will be better.



love Nancy

Sandra said...

Thank you for coming by, the dishes are all done and I am slogging away at my homework.

Yes, have dad forward pictures to me too!

Mandi and James may be away next weekend so this was our thanksgiving with them.

Sandra