Friday, August 12, 2016

BLESSINGS

We have so many blessings to count.


Dad had a good sleep last night.
We agreed before pillow that if he had pain we would call the ambulance and they would take us to Surrey Memorial.  If by the blessing and grace of God we have a pain free week-end we will get in to see his doctor.  He is on a liquid and fruit diet which includes Boust.  I am thankful the vegetable store is just a few blocks away so I can get more fruit and vegetables.  It was a hot walk in the sunshine but we are so blessed here to have such warm and calm weather.

Carol and Haiti came over to take me for a walk.  Haiti is happy to lead the way.  I have been missing my walks so a blessing to have some one to go with.

A blessing I am reading is about our relationship to one another.
The capacity to be a blessing and to bless Life is in everybody.
As we get older we can feel that we have lost that ability but the truth is that our blessings become more powerful as we grow older.  We have survived many challenges and sometimes the road has seemed long and hard.  I have learned in this last week that I can be a blessing when I ask for help.
I have given up on trying to fix and rescue others but instead value kindness, friendship and compassion.  Life is not about winning approval but just being yourself and finding where you belong.

Our compassion blesses and sustains the world.
-  My Grandfather's Blessings

5 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

How wonderful for Carol to bring Haiti and everyone go for a walk....that would be so nice after the stressful past few days. I always feel so at peace when I go for a walk.

Good for Larry having a good sleep. I bet he was glad to get back to his own bed after that hard hospital bed and chatty room mate!
I had to laugh when I heard the three other patients complained about Carl making so much noise. He has sleep apnea and snores really loudly too. I heard from a nurse that they rolled his bed into the conference room. That was when he had a hip replaced...not for the aneurysm...he was in intensive care most of the time for that.

I hope that things remain good for Larry and he receives help soon for the gallstones.
Did you say he sees the doctor next week?

I had a lovely hour sitting in the sunroom, with the windows open, watching the little wren family. The female nested in the birdhouse that is near the window and you should hear the noise the little ones make when she arrives with worms....they must be almost ready to fledge. Jennie wren sits on the fence and talks to them as if she is encouraging them to come on out! It is so cute to see and to hear. I guess I was so relaxed, I fell asleep in the chair. Now that is very unusual, but I enjoyed the nap.

I called an insurance advocate to try and resolve the problem with Autopac. She is working on it and I hope will call with good news on Monday.

It is a perfect day here. Fresh north wind, with a temperature about 22C. Sunny.

Wishing you both a lovely evening...( I typed inning, we are watching the Blue Jays ) hahaha.
Have a good sleep tonight,

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Let us know if Dads pain returns and you go to the hospital.
Ken
See you 20 Sept ...

Anonymous said...

Hobey is just about to Board his British Airways flight from Bullund to London.
Then a 9 hour wait for his flight to Brisbane VIA Dubai and Sydney.
ken

Sandra said...

I don't know how i missed a whole blog day? Must have posted after I checked. And then yesterday was very busy, working from home, then having to do shopping for the party today and then ending up having an impromptu party yesterday with work friends.

Hope we see you later today.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Yes we are planning to come to Mandy's birthday [
party. We will be picked up.

I enjoy bird watching too Nancy but I neglected the feeder
so I will do that today.

Love beth