Sunday, August 21, 2016

LOSERS

Dad and went for a short walk through the Watershed Park.  It was so nice and cool there we enjoyed every minute.  Lots of happy families with even happier dogs.  There are lots of old rotting stumps easy to stumble over but dad and I did an Olympic goal of clearing them all worthy of a gold medal.

I was very active in sports when I was in high school and really loved track and field as well as
basket ball, volley ball, skating and swimming.  In racing I always came in second or third even though I dreamed of winning.  I did well at the broad jump but still was not the best.

For every winner there has to be a loser and that was me.  We quickly divide life up into losers or winners which is a shame.

When my own children became active in sports I was always so proud of them just taking part!

Embracing life for me is making choices and no worrying about the outcome.  To be willing to do the important things which may not seem so important, any way I can.

Grace is seen as life affirming for the losers as well as the winners.

Off to church today and happy to be going.



3 comments:

Sandra said...

I never cared all that much for sports. It was not hard enough to be a challenge and not easy enough to be the best.

Guess that is why I don't care about the Olympics, glad to see them over at last.

Not doing al lot while we are here, just hanging out. We will meet Randy's kids for lunch today with Cameron and Stephen and Shawna and then have Cameron and Shandel over for supper tomorrow.

Mosquitos are bad so we have not been out side much.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

The photo of the red roses on the previous blog is so pretty, Beth. Are these in your garden?

Losers...well that is the problem with some people in my art class...they want to paint the best painting right off the hop...with little experience. One lady yesterday was frustrated with her painting and I asked her, could you play Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata the first time you sat down at the piano?
She will be back, to try it again next Saturday and we will do a simpler idea, not flowers, which are more difficult to do. So I guess she wants to win always! Not lose. Type A folks!
I told her, we are all 10 years old today...with no inhibitions...just freedom to paint what we want to. She is from Vancouver and on holidays here.

It must be very beautiful in the Watershed Park. Your photos look so green and fresh. Going for a walk together is such a nice thing to do and I miss that. Carl cannot walk far at all. My son's girlfriend is going to walk with me the next time she is out.

You sure were active in sports, Beth. I too, loved sports and also gymnastics. I liked watching them on the Olympics on TV. Did you watch much of the Olympics? We didn't...just a few things. The summer Olympics are not as interesting as the winter ones.

I have a tooth ache and my jaw is swollen, so I went to see the beach doctor this morning. He gave me some antibiotics...I had my teeth cleaned by the hygienist about 10 days ago and think I got an infection. Have to see my dentist tomorrow....darn it! Just paid $140 for the cleaning and had no cavities and now $40 for antibiotics and now more again. The beach doctor was a young Chinese fellow and very good....thorough.

How as church today? Do you have the same minister or has he\she changed? Ours is retiring next month and I don't know what the committee has come up with as a replacement.

Have a wonderful Sunday,

Love, Nancy

Unknown said...

We didn't watch a lot of the Olympics just rather a lot of swimming .l became rather tired of watching human fish.At school l liked tennis and net ball not too keen on track and field but was good at the high jump. wish l had seen the equestrian eventsIts cooler today and l'm quite glad the heat saps my energy .l really enjoyed being an adult at play taking the journaling and art course at Sorrento. It was fun but l found it quite hard work as l hadn't done art projects since l was at at school. A very long time ago.Love Jane.