Thursday, August 18, 2016

NEVER NEVER LAND

                                                  Never seen it so quiet! 
Not a dog in sight.  Would have been nice to see some wagging tales and happy faces.

The black and white cat wanders through our yard every morning but she is not friendly.

Dad and I talked about going to Ladner and I knew he felt like fish and chips.  So we stayed home and had left overs of our fish and carrots and baby potatoes.

Never will I understand men!  The feeling is mutual as we will never completely understand each other, but we try.  For now I find it hard to understand myself when I do something stupid.  Dad gives me some helpful advice!  Telling me to just relax and take it easy which can be hard for me to do when I am in a strange mood.

He did go for a bike ride but went through the bumpy water shed paths. 
Great for shaking up your gall stones. 

I will do some watering of the garden before it gets too hot to day.  My garden is looking very thirsty.  My back is complaining so  took time off yesterday.

Several houses have sold around us at unbelievable prices.  Lynda will be selling their place and that will be sad.

Never expect your life to be free of problems because it never will be.

Accept each day as it comes to you.
Anticipate coming face to face with impossible situations totally beyond my ability to handle,
knowing  that there is a Love that will always be there for me and you.
-Jesus Calling.

Faith is a refuge that renews the weary and the restless soul.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

Randy will be home most of the day so if you want to stop by just call. I am getting all of my plants a good soaking this morning too, then off to a seminar all day. At least it is very close by.

Sandra

nancy-Lou said...

Isn't it funny, that after all these years of living with our husbands, we still really don't understand them? I think it becomes even more apparent when we are seniors...or perhaps it is because we are thrown together for 24 hours a day. Yes, it works in reverse too...I hear that too, Beth!

It is good to hear that Larry is riding his bike again...he must be feeling better! Did you get out for a walk too, Beth?

Bella, Max, and I went for a short walk. It was too hot for them, so we turned around. I have to take bear spray with me in case we meet the mama bear and three cubs. Not afraid of them, but the dogs could aggravate them. I see bears quite often this time of year...as fall approaches they are foraging for food, to build up their winter fat.

This has been the summer of storms, rain and humidity. Another night of strong boomers and lightening lit up the sky as if it was daylight. It has been difficult for our sons, who work in construction to work.

Have a great day today,

Love, Nancy

Unknown said...

IT SOUNDS as if the heat is getting to you a little in the same way that it is getting to our plants. Taking it a bit more easily is l find heloful but life seems to stay busy over here there is always lots to do . We went to sing along in yesterday morning and then l had a support group meeting and in the evening we had our special dinner with Geof's medical colleagues and wives. Unfortunately we were even later than usual in arriving as there was an accident on the Lions gate bridge and it took us two hours to get to the restauraunt. Today l have to go to the hospital for a bone density test thank god it isn't painful but l am not keen on having a lot of x-rays. Take good care of yourselves and each other. love, Jane.

beth bennett said...

Jane I tried to phone you but the phone rang and there was not answer,

We will look forward to seeing you on the 22nd,

Will you be at the church yard.

No walk this morning,



love Mom













Sandra said...

I called to say goodbye but your phone is busy. Is it off the hook? I guess you did not make it over with the camera. See you when we get back.