Monday, August 22, 2016

DESTINY

Our weaknesses as well as our strengths are a part of our destiny as we journey on the path before us.

Jesus calls to us in times of brokenness and stress and we have the choice whether to respond to his healing energy.  Life can cripple us when it seems like our dreams are unfulfilled and thus we can be crippled like the woman Jesus healed in the gospel of Luke.  Body soul and spirit all need love but it is important for that love to be healthy and supportive.  I need to be free to make my own choices as do others.  This creates freedom that in turn produces health and the ability to take responsibility for our own choices.

Sunday was a good day with spending time at church finding an inner calm and renewed strength and renewed friendships.  Yes we have the same minister who continues to challenge us to express our feelings and find our own faith.

Dad and I enjoyed dinner with Carol and Panteli and a visit with Haiti.  She is so excited to see us now.  She watches the squirrels in the trees from their balcony where we sat outside to eat.  They live above a golf course so a wonderful view

Today I will be joining Jane and her family and a few friends at the church to remember Jane's daughter who died a year ago.  She was a lovely girl with a bright spirit but a troubled soul.  She is
missed.  Her name was Samantha.


A day when I had time to still my mind and accept the path I am on.  There has been times od conquering sickness, sadness failures and difficulties with God's grace.  But mostly there has been great happiness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As Beth mentioned today we will be having a gathering to remember our daughter Samantha who died a year ago today. lhave asked Beth to read from Philippians ch. 4 verses 4to9 and she has asked me to share the opening words for our gathering, they are from the Anglican book of alternative services at the beginning of a memorial service ,THE ETERNAL GOD IS OUR RESTING PLACE . UNDERNEATH ARE THE EVERLRASTING ARMS .Blessings abound, Jane

nancy-Lou said...

How precious our children are and how sad to hear that Jane and her husband lost their daughter a year ago. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers today, Jane. Lovely reassuring words for Beth to read...hope for us all!

Destiny....yes, I do believe in destiny! I do believe in the healing powers of Jesus. I sure needed them today! After a weekend of a terrible toothache, I got in for an emergency appointment with the dentist and had a root canal. An old filling broke down. Not the way I wanted to start the week that is for sure and yow...$450. But the flip side was the beautiful drive through beautiful Manitoba farming country...with fields of gold and vivid blue skies. Also shopping at the farmers Co-op store, which always is fun.

Aren't dogs wonderful? They always are so happy to see us. Haiti leads a good life, doesn't she? Walks and squirrel watching? Our dogs do the same, with the chipmunks and squirrels here. We have gophers too and Bella loves to chase them when they are inside the fence.

I will keep you all in my thoughts today...sending hugs to all.

Love,
Nancy


beth bennett said...

Nancy
What a miserable painful thing with your teeth.

Everything costs so much too.

Hope it is healing well.

You have the true eye of an artist enjoying the landscape.

Keep well.

Love beth