Sunday, August 28, 2016

UNEXPECTED

I think that we have to be prepared for he unexpected now until dad's surgery.

I was up early getting some chicken ready for the potluck lunch at the church.  One of the couples is leaving to be closer to family in Calgary.  They were good friends of ours and very helpful and caring.  I knew there would be lots of people coming back after the summer busy times.  They are like a second family to us! 

Dad woke up and complained of some stomach pain and then said it felt more like a gall stone attack.  He watch the baseball for awhile and then I suggested he take a pain pill and lie down.  He  was lying down when Pat and John dropped by to see how we were and to tell me we were missed.  It was a lively affair with some children running around and enjoying themselves.  Our church is very children friendly and we have always enjoyed that.

Kim popped in and out as she was helping set up an open house for the college.  She invited us all over for dinner.  Randy had to go to work but Leah and Craig said they could come.

I suppose if life always ran smoothly it would be boring but it seems like several worries come at once,

No one is immune to the loss of a loved one, financial problems, sickness and disappointments,

Human life is fatally fragile and subject to forces beyond our control.

We all need support if we are not to give in to despair.

"Troubled times can awaken us from feeling we of self-sufficiency into a serious search for a deeper meaning in life.  It is a time for believers to make the journey from the mind to the heart.  It is a time for me to be calm and prayer helps.

But you do not always know Jesus is all you need
until Jesus is all you have."
-  Timothy Keller.

3 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

ah yes, the unexpected! I am familiar with this too. So sorry to hear that Larry had a re-occurrence of a gall bladder attack. Those darn stones! I hope the pain has eased off now and he is more comfortable.

Too bad you missed church, but as the title says, we never know what is around the corner do we? Nice though, that your church friends dropped by and to know you were missed.

This may be an "unexpected" week for us with a lot of uncertainties. We are hoping to have the autopac claim settled so we can move on to buy a little car. Hoping for good news regarding the claim! It all depends on the mechanic and his decision.

The photography exhibition awards went just like clock work. I have to give a lot of credit to the lady, Margaret, who organized it. This was the first year and it was a learning experience for all...one thing for next year will be two categories, professional and amateur.
My favourite though was the youth category and to find out the winner was a grandchild of my good artist friend! She is so enthused now, to continue on with her photography! That was my reward!

We had strong thunderstorms all night, with tornado watches and warnings. Things are tossed around in the yard and I think there was hail...but we seem to have come through it all unscathed.

I hope Larry is OK today and wish a a super day,

Love Nancy

beth bennett said...

Nancy I do hope you get the car business straightened out.
I huge problem especially when you really need a car.

Dad was able to go to Carol's where Kim was making supper
with her mom. Taking morphine and resting is the answer
but I do not feel I can leave him. It is a worry for me too.

Nancy I think you have inspired Sandra to take up painting.

It is amazing what we can continue to learn as we mature!

Hope you get some answers today.

Love Beth

nancy-Lou said...

I do understand your need to be with Larry when he is not well. It is hard on us too...we worry about them and have to make sure they are doing what they are supposed to be doing and not doing things they are not supposed to be doing, right, Beth? I am glad he was able to get out for supper at Carol and Kims, so you could go too!

What wonderful new...about Sandra taking up painting. I wish I was there to help out. She has an amazing gift for colour...I can see it in her house and her garden...all she need is tuition and time to practice..what medium is she going to pursue? watercolour? That is my first love....I paint in all mediums....but truly watercolour and I are good friends!

I find older students have more time for studies and often are more dedicated to learning.

They are a little set in their ways, though, so I start each class with warm up exercises to loosen up and also tell them we all are 10 years old today..

Love, Nancy