Thursday, August 11, 2016

HAPPINESS



It may seem strange to say I am happy dad is in hospital.
I have known he has not been well for some time now and there is a relief knowing that  the causes of his ill health are now being looked into.

It is not easy for me to ask for help but people are overjoyed when I do.  Eve was pleased to drive me to the hospital and I was happy to go with her.

Today I was so surprised when the elevator door opened and there was Craig and Leah looking right at me.  They were both looking so happy after seeing the ultra sound of their new little one ready to come into this world so soon now.  It was a good surprise for dad too.  We were delighted to see the crib all set up too.  It is amazing how it is made to turn into a bed when the crib has out grown the tiny sleeper.

One of my favorite things to do as a mom was gave our babies baths sometimes two at once and warp them in a warm towel and feeling such happiness as we hugged each other  Then it was story time another favorite thing to do..  Even little monsters can change into angels!  Memories bring happiness.

What a joy to see our minister Kimiko coming in the door,  She believes in the power of prayer and the energy of loving touch.  She gently took dad s hand and they talked and she was praying.  My heart and soul were smiling.

Soon Sandra appeared to drive me home and see how dad was doing.  This means I can relax on my drive home and I need to do that.  It is very tiring sitting and waiting.

Returning home to an empty house was a little easier yesterday but it feels lonely waiting for dad to be well again and home again.

I sit on my front porch with a coffee.  I have a visit with my neighbor Linda who is only to happy to drive me today to the hospital.  I have the best neighbors!

Next thing I knew Kim was driving up he driveway and stayed for a chat and a few laughs and big hugs.  She made ne a sandwich to take to the hospital.  That is so like her I had to laugh!

Many faces have reflected love and warmth and comfort back to me and I am so grateful.

Healing takes time and each day will reveal the next step.  For now dad is contest and getting the nourishment he needs by his I.V.

Thomas Merton had an epiphany on a street cornor when he had a sudden realization that he loved all the people who he saw around him.  I am reminded that we are all more closely conneted that we sometimes realize.

I am feeling very loved and blessed by family and friends carried by prayer.

Dad is now home still with some pain.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

I am glad to hear that you did not have a long lonely evening all by your self.

I will give you a call later to see what time you are going to the hospital.

Sandra

beth bennett said...

Dad just phoned and he is released as they can find no runaway stone.

He will return home and see what happens.

Linda is out now so if she does not come back soon
I am sure I can drive.

Love mom

Mama Lee said...

Glad to hear Larry is home again. Praying for both of you. Love, Lee

nancy-Lou said...

Well that is good news and not so good news isn't it? Good that Larry is well enough to come home, but not so good that they aren't going to look after the gall bladder stones now.

I sure know the feeling of coming home to an empty house, when Carl was in the hospital it was tough and I missed him...but the dogs were always a great comfort.

How wonderful to have the good news of a new baby to be born soon, to give you something good to look forward too. So exciting for all! Good to know, Leah is doing well. When is the baby due? September? Oh boy, that last month is a tough one, right Beth? I still remember the discomfort and sure you do too. Hope the time passes quickly for Leah and baby.

Prayers for you both....better health, and little pain,

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Good news Dad is home, not great news that he was released with no diagnosis?? Maybe it was like our car which stopped working for an hour and is now going ok 😟

Steady-as-rain said...

I blame the cookies!

Love,

Rick