Wednesday, September 19, 2012

CLUES

We had no clue when Rick was coming to the wedding so it was good to connect with him on the phone..  He will be coming down Friday after work for the wedding.  The wedding organizers are frantically busy I think.  Nice to see the pictures of Stephen and Shawna  on the way down.  They saw lots of mountain goats and a few deer on the road no bares/


                         I have come to the conclusion that in studying the Bible it is like searching for clues that contain truth and wisdom.  It is a human book that has and continues to inspire people who are willing to search for clues that unfold for us human beings the  light in the mystery.

I believe that there will always be suffering in this world because there is hatred and violence, greed and selfishness, poverty and injustice,etc.

The message of Jesus was an invitation was for people to repent for the kingdom of heaven is near; I think that says to me there is hope if I am willing to turn and look for it.  

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and soul and strength and love your neighbor as yourself.  In these words we find the clue of eternal life.  It is a goal to motivate us and help us to live for others.


There is beauty in the light where love shines.
 
Jesus lived by this truth and he became a healer.  He did not come to start a new religion but to bring light into the Jewish faith and show that love could heal where strictly keeping the law brought discord and self-righteousness.  I understand the message of Jesus was changed as it became a religion.
 
Jeepers Cheepers  where did it go?  My best writing lost.
 
Everything I have just finished writing has disappear and it is hard to start all over again.  But maybe there comes that message again that I need to have a new perspective in reading scripture that will start a new beginning and deepen my faith.  I believe that Jesus healed and that there where many healers in his day but I believe his message was for all of us to go out and be healers, to be compassionate and to love one another.
 
We prayed at church "Eternal Spirit,  Life Giver,  Pain Bearer,
Source of all that is and that shall be,
In the hurts we absorb from one another, forgive us,
In times of temptation and trial strengthen us,
From trail to great for us to endure, spare us
And free us from the grip of all that is evil
Amen 
 
We see many broken branches and dead trees but the light makes it beautiful.
 
 
For the early Christians they believed that Jesus had taught them a new way,
A much better way that would create a more peaceful and caring world through sacrificial love, not harsh rules no one could keep.  The goal is to walk towards the light that gives life energy.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is interesting to look at what the very early Christians believed, as presumably they were so much closer to the physical Jesus than we are.

Love,

Rick

beth bennett said...

I added that we had a phone call from you Rick and are looking forward to seeing you on Friday.

The week is going fast!

I could not have said it better than you did. Good.

love mom

Anonymous said...

Having fun in the sun here. Off to seaworld today. Tyler and Aslin coming down on Saturday. Brittany and Hobey coming down Sunday afternoon.
Ken

nancy-Lou said...

A lot of "food for thought" in you message Beth. I will re-read it, to see what I missed the first time. I like what Jesus did....teaching us to follow his ways...without the church and religion. I cannot see well, so hope my typing makes sense. Luckily I can enlarge the type on my laptop. I saw the eye doctor today and had the pupil dilating drops, 5 hours ago and still cannot see well. Going to have cataract surgery in January. You must be getting excited about the wedding and seeing your family. Love, Nancy

Don Quixote said...

“The best way to waste your life, ... is by taking notes. The easiest way to avoid living is to just watch. Look for the details. Report. Don't participate.”
~ Chuck Palahniuk

http://maxginez3.blogspot.com/