Sunday, September 2, 2012

MADELINE

A beautiful name for a beautiful precious great granddaughter who lived only a few months.
 
Yesterday it rained during the night making the morning feel extra cool.  A good day to just stay in your p.j.'s and not listen to the news or make any plans.  A day to relax.  Dad is watching tennis and I decide on a short walk.  I laugh to myself as I think what a good sport Leah is to crowd in the back of the car so they can drive Panteli to the airport.

I decide to go to church although dad is not feeling so good so stayed home.

As I was driving to church I was thinking of the new ta toe Leah has on her foot that has Madeline's name with two wings beside it.  We really have 20 grandchildren counting all the great grandchildren.
I aways remember in my heart the day when Madeline left all who loved her here on earth.

May we always remember the sacredness of all life and that life is like a living stream of compassion.

In the stillness of the service I am reminded that there is rest and peace in the One in whom all journey's begin and end.  Yes it is a mystery that comes silently as we let go of our worries and trust that love is always with us.

4 comments:

nancy-Lou said...

What a lovely tribute to a sweet babe. Sorry you lost her....how sad to loose a great grandbaby and how sad for her parents.
She definitely had a beautiful name...Madeleine was my Mothers name and my middle name. I know the spelling is not the same, but similar. What a pretty picture of the pink flowers...are they from your garden?

Anonymous said...

No they are from Sandra's garden. She has a lot more flowers than I do.
Thank you for your comments. It is amazing how we connecct.

love beth

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mom.

(I eventually got out of my house-coat, by the way)

Love,

Rick

larry bennett said...

She was so sweet and tiny - so loved - so missed - always .