Thursday, September 13, 2012

URGING

I was doomed to have to one day climb into that dentist chair and  I had to face that needle and that plaster cast all because I tried to eat a little bit of watermelon and out came my tooth.

I have an appointment at 8 o'clock this morning and it will be good to get it over.  I may end up with two teeth missing so I am not sure I will go visiting.  But the milkshake will get there.  I am quite happy not to be able to talk today.

I needed no urging to get an appointment at the dentist.
A happy adventurer shows me a new trail.
 
Good to see him out walking and smiling so proud that he discovers new trails that do not really seem like trails at all.
 
We enjoyed our visit from Daniel our minister.  He said a lot of very interesting thingss that I wish I had written down,.  He said the God he believed in had urged creation into life and then was surprised how good it had turned out.  This is the God who urges us into healing and compassion and forgiveness.  With His help we are able to be resilient in spite of the problems and in spite of the many times he says no to our prayers.  Faith does not come easy,  in fact those are the times when we are faced with growth. Forced to grow spiritually.
 
There are times when you need someone just to be with you!
 
Sometimes I have thought if I just make it through the night, an hour, a moment at a time, I will then be awakened by the dawn and again the voice of the beloved can be heard.  I know that I will hear an inner voice urging me to accomplished some simple task.  I am not sophisticated and I have many questions but I do not question God's love for me and You!
 
Missing your comments Ken?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are off to the dentist this morning with no reservations!

The new trail looks good.

Love,

Rick

Anonymous said...

September is such a nice time to be out and walking. Just chilly enough to make you want to walk a bit faster to warm up. Sandra

Anonymous said...

95 degrees here. Fall was always my faavourite season, both in BC and Ontario. Miss the change of seasons here. The Fall leaves turning colour in Ontario was always amazing.

I'm doing a speech contest in two weeks and I'll be recreating the conversation between God and Adam! Will keep you guys psoted!

panteli

Anonymous said...

Jesse's birthday today. Family coming over for dinner and a cake. everyone getting excited about our trip to the Gold Coast. They have had a mini drought in Queensland, but guess what , as we arrive the rains are set to start..
Ken




beth bennett said...

Send pictures Ken. Say happy birthday to Jesse for us. I hope your holiday is not spoilt by rain.

Next week will be busy for Sandra and Stephen and Shawna making final wedding plans. Everyone is excited and hoping for good weather.
love mom