Thursday, September 20, 2012

CREATIVE

The girl at the check-out at my Safeway told me I had a creative spirit. Not many people know me better than these girls I see nearly every day. 

I think that creativity is very important for spirituality.   Learning to live from the heart.  To love as fully as we can while we can.

Wedding plans are falling into place with a few problems of course.  Shawna looks beautiful all ready
and Stephen is enjoying a few days of golfing, the wheater is perfect.  It will be a day to treasure.  We meet Shawna.s mom and aunts and one uncle last night when we had dinner down at the beach.
The fun and the excitement is rising!

In the morning I had been to our ladies church group where we shared memories of three of the most wonderful ladies that had died that year.  We remembered how creative and how much fun they were and they will be missed but remembered.  We treasure the memories of them in our hearts because each one in their quiet way had added color to our lives.

We do not have a rule book that must be followed step by step. Mr.Bart D. Ehrman says in his book "Jesus Interrupted" that his theme is that not only is the Bible a very human book, but that Christianity, as it has developed and come down to us today is a very human religion. That is fine but us humans can be divinely inspired and although Mr. Ehrman has jumped the ship of faith I am still enjoying the sail! The view is awesome and the wind blows very gently and every breath reminds me I am alive!  

Yes there have been some big waves tossing my boat around but it is in calm waters now.

I think that it is great that scholars are still trying to understand the Bible because I happen to believe that religious thinkers of the past will have relevance for our daily  living and thinking about the big
 issues of life.

The Bible has inspired me with it's living words.  It has challenged me to pursue truth, to fight injustice and to insist that our goal should be to live in peace.  It contains words that fill my heart and soul with a love that transcends worldly cares!

Sorry to hear you need eye surgery Nancy-Lou but evidently it will brighten your world a lot when it is done. 

5 comments:

larry bennett said...

Well dear - this is a very insightfull and pithy bit of writing - as usual. Having see you grow and challenge religion but at the same time keep your own faith and love for god has been insperationful to me.

I love your blog.

ps - you still have to go to the doctor

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear. I THINK YOU MEAN
inspirational!

I guess I WILLgo to the doctor about my silly rash. So many others have serious problems. But since three nurses pressured me and also you and Shawna I will be gracious and go
love mom love you too dear

nancy-Lou said...

Beth and Larry...you two are just so sweet. How many years have you been married? I feel privlidged to be able to share in the goings on in your lives through your blog Beth.
What a wonderful family you have and so many happy times.
Love your blog and the spiritual writings,that give me "thought" for the rest of the day. You make it so easy for me Beth, by doing the reading and then the writing. Just a quick note...I developed a fine red rash that was itchy from fabric softener. I now use a laundry soap from COSTCO that has a natural fabric softener made from cocoanut oil. Yes, I will most definitely "see the light" once my cataracts are gone! Also won't have to wear my glasses! Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Seaworld was good. Got a bit hot and tired by the end of the day. Went to the pub for a counter meal. Matthew and jasmine kept the visiting new Zealand football team entertained by their many trips to the bathroom.
Ken.

Anonymous said...

I appear to have some kind of infection, maybe ataff. I am now covered with oitment and bandage
looking so great for a wedding! lol